Monday, September 13, 2010

Hailey's FIRST day of Preschool

Today was Hailey's first day of school/daycare EVER. If you had asked me a month ago how I thought she would do I would have to admit I was nervous...for the past YEAR she has said, "I'm not going to school!" I knew it was just the "unknown" that she was timid about, but I think having our two neighbors in her class made the big difference in her attitude resently. She was very excited going to bed last night!

Showing off their backpacks
Off to school...we walked (thankfully the rain we were supposed to have today came early last night)

Charlotte (our next door neighbor) and Hailey
Checking out the classroom...I thought I was going to have a hard time tearing Kailee away from this area but I didnt; the hard part came when we walked out without Hailey. When Kailee realized this she threw herself at the closed doors and screamed, "My Yaya!!!" And then she cried the entire walk home. :(
When we got home, our neighbor, Rebecca met us at the front door with toddler crafts that Charlotte has out-grown and offered them to Kailee...it saved the day! (And, YEP, she's a lefty!)
Hailey was waiting for me at her cubbie when I arrived to pick her up (her cubbie mate is Kylee...too funny) She made me close my eyes and she whipped out from her backpack a paper she made with her name written 2 times and then she took me to look at her purple painting which was still drying. The day was a hit and we are looking forward to the school year!

No comments: