Sunday, May 11, 2014

Luke's 2nd Birthday!!!!

Dumbo was Luke's first movie love, so we decided to do a circus themed party!  Pinterest, of course, had some over-the-top circus ideas, but I was limited on time with the move coming and vacation planning! 

It's a tradition that they get to help me bake their birthday cake, but then they can't see the final result until their party! 
His Dumbo shirt that I made...
He was so cute waiting at the window for his party guests...it was only fitting that his best bud, Luke Green, was the first to arrive!
I transformed Thomas the train into Casey Jr., the train from Dumbo.  I made the balloon animals and bought animal crackers and bubbles as party favors.


All of the party guests as clowns courtesy of a Clown App...
These tissue paper circus animals was one of the Pinterest ideas that I probably should have passed on because of my massive moving to-do list, but they were super cute!!! 
Playing outback...we had a ring toss game, a ring of fire (hula hoop) and pin the nose on the clown...
Bubble fun...I was really surprised that Luke could productively blow his own bubbles!
The Ring of FIRE!!!!

Pin the Nose on the Clown...
The MacDonald, Green, and Miller kids!
Singing Happy Birthday...
Happy birthday, sweet man!!! 
 He loved being the center of attention opening his presents!
 He crashed in no time snuggling his new Dumbo from the Greens
It got too late in the evening to do the piñata (sigh, I really don't like piñatas because of the extra sugar along with cake!!!) so we saved it for the next day and the Green boys came over to participate!  
 
 
And a birthday video...he was ON IT with blowing out his candles! :)

 

No comments: