Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Beginning of May

The warm weather is finally here and we are super excited!!!!  Luke and Rachel enjoyed the sprinkler and slip-n-slide one day!

Leila moved from the sun to the shade all day long!
We went out to the Lake of the Ozarks on the Sunday before Leevi's birthday to celebrate and relax on the water!

I got Leevi a 'family' gift for his birthday and got a cockpit style tube for tubing!  So much easier and relaxing than the hold-on-for-dear-life-circle tubes!
It was 84, but the water was still a little chilly...the girls swam but Luke didn't have any interest other than sticking his hands in!

He did go out on the tube though!


We went to Outback after the lake and then had cake the next day around 9pm after a full afternoon of soccer (poor Luke was already in bed but he got some the next day!)  (and yes, those crutches in the background are Leevi's...he had knee surgery toward the end of April to repair his cartilage and meniscus and will spend a few months on crutches, ugh!)
The turtles have been out in full force in our backyard and the kids will catch them and keep them as a pet for a few hours!
A playdoh snake!
Another turtle with Rachel and Carter...we aimed this one toward the fence and watched his escape!
This was from the end of March, but I've forgotten to include it in a post...Hailey came grocery shopping with me one day and was in charge of my list on my iPhone...I found this a few days later in my 'notes' app! :)
Luke was my laundry 'helper' one afternoon!


And then his animals took over the laundry basket
I got my camera out to snap some pics of Kailee and her toothless smile and got a few of Hailey and Luke too.
I just love this toothless smile because it reminds me of their gummy baby grins!!!
 Luke was far from cooperative, but this one turned out alright!
The kids put on a few songs and poems for Mother's Day at church and Kailee had a speaking part for the letter 'm', "My mom is magnificent"
Our church is massive...these are the kids (kindergarten through 5th grade) from the 9:45 service.  There is also an 8:30 and 11:00 service!
I had a great Mother's Day and received lots of sweet notes and artwork from the kids (and a new Willow Tree figurine from Leevi) and we had some friends over from church who are getting ready to move to Germany this summer.  They also have 3 kids and everyone had a great afternoon!!!
 
video clips from April and May

No comments: