Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Va Trip Recap!

I've finally finished all of the blog posts from our trip....my goodness, I didn't think it'd take me that long!  The girls were amazing travelers on each leg of the flights (and the FOUR 3hr road trips!!!!)  We had delays leaving Frankfurt, and DC (twice)....ughhhh...are you kidding me??!!!  And Kailee lost it on our DC delay (we were on the plane and had to deplane...I decided to let them watch a movie while they were trying to fix whatever issue it was and when they couldn't get it fixed and we had to get off (AND TURN OFF THE MOVIE) she kicked and screamed as I carried her flailing body back into the terminal!  We ended up waiting 3 hrs for a 35 min flight!!!! 

All packed and ready to go!!!  I thought I was packing light!  I was very impressed that I was able to fit everything I bought in the States back in our luggage....I thought for sure that I'd have to mail things home!


The best aiport invention to pass the time on long layovers!
At the aiport to head back home after a month away!!!  We ended our trip with a bang and experienced the earthquake that shook the East coast about half an hour before we headed to the airport!  It's crazy that this is Hailey's 2nd earthquake in her 5 short years (and that it's also only my 2nd earthquake) 
Our flight was delayed AGAIN almost THREE hours leaving Dulles heading back home...no meltdowns this time! 

The jet lag was the worst we've ever had!  It took us soooo long to get back on schedule!  Hailey was sleeping until 12:00 and 1:00pm for the first few days!!!  Or they'd go to sleep at a normal time but then only sleep for 2-3 hrs as if it were nap time and be up from 11pm to 2 or 3 am!!!  After talking with some friends (and a dr) I gave them Melatonin!  I was desperate and it worked!  I'm sold from here on out!!!!  For all of my busy bee traveling friends in Hawaii....talk with your dr about it before your next big trip! 
I tried waking them up early to get us back on schedule but they just fell back asleep while we were driving to the pool

And some random pictures that didn't fit into a specific post....I got to link up with two of my childhood best friends...one in VB and one in Richmond whom we stopped and had lunch with on our way up to DC which was a perfect break in the drive for the girls.  I didn't think to pull my camera out for either visit!!!!!!!!!  So I stole these picture from facebook! 


Nicole Falardeau had her THIRD girl while I was there!!!  Haydyn Olivia!!! 

The girls just ate her up!!!!!  I was really surprised with how long each of them sat holding her!!


And I stole this picture of Avery from Sara Campbell Maida's FB...she is toooo adorable and I can't believe neither of us thought to get our cameras out!!!!!
We also were able to link up with Kristine Bonsack while we were in Fairfax visiting the Stampfers (again NO PICTURE!!!)  She and a friend drove down from Boston for the weekend and it was great catching up!!!


And I left this picture off of the Aquarium post...

No comments: