Monday, October 3, 2011

The Children's Museum of Virginia

The girls and I went with my parents to the Children's Museum of Virginia in Portsmouth.  I remember going there as a child...my favorite memory was the Shadow Room which has been altered, but we had a great time and it's the best hands on children's museum that my girls have ever been to.  There was almost too much to take in in one sitting and we could have used a snack break room, but we made it through without any meltdowns and even had a pleasant lunch at a quiet Italian restaurant afterwards! 

On the left, the girls and I are inside a bubble

On the boat



At the bank writing herself a big fat check! (She only made it out for a dollar)


Kailee's favorite part

The doctor's office was a big hit and also the vet (which I didn't get any good pics of)


I love the sequence of her face

Firefighter Kai
This was definitely my favorite part although it was crowded!  They should expand this to a whole wall!  The girls played here forever!

These remind me of 3D baby ultrasounds...


And a hodgepodge of the rest....music room, train room, derby car racing...


No comments: