Monday, December 12, 2011

Tidbits from Kailee

I've been jotting down little things that Kai says for awhile now but just now am finally getting to this post.  Hailey has a bunch too and there were so many between the two of them that I decided to separate them into two different posts.  Not to mention I had a ton of pictures from my phone that usually make it to Facebook but not to the blog....PURGE BELOW!

Kailee really cracks us up and is just a laid back kid.  We passed the Terrible Twos with really only "climbing" issues and we are still waiting on the Terrible Threes to kick in (which I think is is definitely the HARDEST age...they are old enough to know better but still learning how to balance their independence!)  So far, she's cake!!!  When she does have a "three year old moment" I have to remind myself that she spoils us rotten 95% of the time and that this behavior is normal!  My memory could be failing me but I'm pretty sure that a certain other family member had me taking deep breaths and counting to 10 a lot at this age!  :) 

Here are some funny tidbits...

She will sometimes speak "Germaly" to me or play store and ask if I speak "Eng-a-lish".

We babysat a family with 3 girls, ages 10 months to 7 years, and my girls were just in heaven with the baby.  Kai said at dinner the next night, "I really like babysitting Katie!" and then almost in the same breath "and I really like Cheetos."   

In the bathroom: 
Kai: "I thought a shark was coming so I had put my bum up like this."  
Me: "You silly girl...there aren't sharks in the potty!"
Kai: "Yes, because it's too stinky!"

Hailey is afraid to go upstairs by herself (no matter the time of day), but Kai will go as long as you reassure her that there aren't any "monsters, ghosts, or bears" up there. 

Kai's favorite Christmas decor this year has been the nutcrackers (they hang out with the Princesses and the Pollys often) except she forgets and refers to them as the Graham Crackers.

If I bump into Kai or hurt her she'll say, "that's ok.  You're a mom, it was an accident!"  Implying if a kid did the same thing she would think it was on purpose! 

There is a little boy in her class who apparently (according to Kai) is pretty naughty most of the time.  She thinks that "he needs a sticker chart at home!"  :)  (We use a very basic one here for rewarding positive behavior.)

And not a tidbit but a quirk of Kailee's...she is constantly playing with something and for some reason (only known in her brain) she will put a toy in a random place but 9 times out of 10 if you (or Hailey) asks her where it is, she'll be able to find it. 

Sometime Kailee will ask if a cashier (or random person) is a boy or a girl.  Innocent enough, but I'll tell her that it is rude if that person hears her say that and they might get their feelings hurt.  Recently a friend of ours had a baby and Kai asked if it was a girl or boy baby and then she stopped herself and said, "I'm sorry...that's not appropriate"  :) 

And my favorite from this bunch....I chuckled about it all day (how mature of me!)  When she coughed and passed gas at the same time:  "If you pooter, when you cough you don't have to say excuse me because it was only an accident!"  :) 

And finally a picture catch up from my phone....some of these are from the beginning of summer!

Never too young for a pedicure!

Kai and Coconut out for a scooter ride...the hat that Coconut is wearing is his helmet


 

Absolutely no fear!

Poor girl

Of course that is a comfy place to put your babies to bed


Biking to school

Kai's Dinosaur


Such a good dog!!!


Was finally able to get a few Thanksgiving Feast pics from her school off of my phone


And a video of the Pledge of Allegiance...

 

No comments: