Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tidbits from Hailey

And finally Hailey's tidbits!!!!  We can't believe that she is going to turn SIX in a few months!  She is planning a Beauty Spa Sleepover with a few close friends! 

Hailey's first ever grading period ending in November and I had a parent-teacher conference with Mrs. Winter (whom we absolutely LOVE!)  She had great things to say about Hailey and had many samples of her work to show me (Leevi was in Spain...boo) One thing she pointed out was that Hailey was the only one in her class to get a perfect score on the Listening Comprehension part of their assessment testing.  I mentioned this to Hailey and when she talked to Leevi on the phone that night I told her to tell him what Mrs. Winter said about her and she said, "Mrs. Winter said I was the best student in the whole school!"  Ha!  I love the interpretation...guess we need to do a little lesson on being humble! 

She is learning so much this year and it's very interesting to hear her talk about the things she is learning at school when I know it's not something that we've taught her.  She asked me the other day if the book I was reading was Fiction or Non-Fiction.  :) 

I took the girls swimming at the Ramstein pool recently and you have to be 6 to be able to go down the big slide by yourself.  If another adult isn't with us, then the girls can't go down the slide because I can't leave Kai by herself at the bottom while I take Hailey.  I told Hailey we would just say that she's 6 so we could all slide.  In my defense, she is just two months shy from turning 6, AND she can swim, AND the deepest part of the pool is only up to her shoulders.  :)  But then Hailey replies, "You mean we are going to LIE?!?  But that will be disobeying GOD!"  :)  Yes, it will and please remember that when you think about getting your first fake ID!  :) 

Hailey helped unpack all of the groceries without being asked and when I thanked her she said, "I'm just helping a pregnant lady out!"  :) 

Our Christmas Elf arrived this season and after a few arguments with her sister I asked our Elf, Snowy, if he had witnessed that naughty behavior and Hailey said, "Mom, it's kind of like you are tattling!" 

I don't remember exactly how the conversion came up but we were talking in the car about Heaven and how Heaven will be better than your best day on Earth. Then Hailey added that Heaven will even be better than being the line leader at school! :) 
Showing off her monkey skills

She set up a beauty salon outside...
 


Trying to have patience with Leila!  :)

She was so happy at their physicals this past summer to be offered a gown to wear like a big girl!  :) 

Her Rudolph performance at school
Giving Kailee the present she bought for her with her own Awana money she had earned...she had enough shares to get a gift for each of us! 

No comments: