Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Veteran's Day

Ha!  I'm finally into November with my post updates!  I'm trying really hard to get caught up before Christmas!!!!  My latest excuse reason is that our Internet keeps cutting out (Leevi thinks we need a new modem, so HOPEFULLY over the Christmas break, he'll be able to fix it for me!)

We are so proud of all that Leevi does for this country AND for our family!!!!  And of course we couldn't be more grateful for all of our friends and family who serve and who have served!  I have been meaning to do a blog post of how fortunate we have been with our duty stations in the Army, but it always gets pushed to the bottom of the list!  Since so many posts are going to be combined this month, I might as well add this one in!  When we celebrated our anniversary (a few weeks early) in Budapest, Hungary, we were talking about all of the awesome places we'd lived and visited because of the Army!  Leevi really has lived the commerical "Join the Army, see the WORLD".  I'm sure I'm cutting this list short, but here are the places that Leevi has lived or traveled to because of work:  Hawaii, Bosnia, Missouri (I guess the only good thing about Missouri was that Hailey was born and we met two awesome families!) Korea, Germany (even before we lived here!), Croatia, Spain, Poland, Norway, Italy Greece and trips back to the States to Kansas, Minnesota, and Washington where he was able to take side trips to visit both sides of his family and see old friends!  AND the places we've vacationed because of the Army are countless!!!!!  We have really embraced the Army way of life, even though the deployments are horrific (one might be looming in the Spring actually!!!!) we really enjoy the new houses, new friends, and seeing the world!!!
(This pic didn't go exactly as I had envisioned...he wouldn't keep the hat on (and I also really wanted to be able to see "MACDONALD" but I felt that it looked silly on backwards) and of course he wouldn't sit still!  I finally thought to grab Leevi's dogtags and that kept him put for a few seconds!)

No comments: