Monday, June 17, 2013

Ireland: Brewsterfield Lodge

It's only taken me two months, but I'm finally getting around to blogging about Ireland!  We were on the island for a week, so I'll definitely have to break this up into many posts!  We had an amazing time (despite the rain!) and part of that fun was due to the place we stayed!  I found Brewsterfield Lodge on www.homeaway.com and it was perfect for us: a 4 bedroom house on a farm with acres of land, forest, and rivers to explore!!!!!  They even offered donkey cart rides with their pet donkeys and, seriously, that's what sold me on the house!  LOL!  As I was researching, I kept telling Leevi that I'm stuck on the donkey house!!!  And they definitely were a hit!!!!  It was such a relaxing week when we could go "home" each day to a large house...one of us would take the kids outside while the other cooked dinner, and at night we didn't have to tiptoe around as the kids went to bed!  Traveling with kids isn't necessarily a vacation if you are all cooped up in a hotel room together!  And of course, it was so nice to be able to cook our meals all week! 
 
All of the pictures below are on the property!
 Two of the three donkeys!  The girls fed them apples and carrots each day!
 Donkey cart rides with Mr. Charles!
 Gorgeous views!

A panoramic view with my iPhone...

Dusty and Tequila, Mr. Charles' dogs, who lived next door!  They thought they owned the place and the mom, Tequila, knew how to open the front door and let herself in!  We found it quite funny, but I'd imagine that someone who didn't loves dogs would be terrified!  :)  We learned quickly to lock the front door! 

 Dinner outside (when it wasn't raining!) and a fire on our last night in Ireland. 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some lovely photos of Brewsterfield Lodge and its surroundings.I'm so glad you had such a splendid holiday in Ireland.

Unknown said...

Some lovely photos of Brewsterfield Lodge and its surroundings. I'm so glad you had such a splendid holiday in ireland