Thursday, May 30, 2013

Luke's 1st birthday

 
I got some cute hat pictures pretty quickly...I gave him two golf balls to hold so he wouldn't mess with his hat (it helped to some degree!) but I was worried the whole time that he was going to chuck one of them at my camera!!!  He's got quite the arm!!!!
We actually had a very small party with just one other family (the Greens...the 3 boys we always play with) and Charlie's parents were visiting at the time so they came also.  I had planned to do a golf Hole-in-ONE theme all along, but when I got home from Virginia in March, my party planning mood had somewhat fizzled, not to mention Easter was the weekend before Luke's birthday (and Leevi had been out of town until that Friday) and the following weekend started Spring Break and literally everyone travels in Europe at some point during that week..including us when we kicked off our month-long trips to Ireland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Arizona!  I felt bad not giving Luke a huge 1st birthday luau like the girls had in Hawaii, so last minute I pulled together some decorations!  I was actually glad that we kept it small because it was so much more relaxing (for the prep and during the party!!  And of course it kept the cost down considering we were about to be vacationing for the next month!!!)
 
These were the pictures I cut out to use as cupcake toppers...various photos from his first year.  I thought it was a cute idea and debated about saving them or not and decided not to.  The clutter is never ending, so I'll just put them on here!
I tied in some of the food with the golf theme...bucket of balls, "slice, chip, and wedge", a water hazzard and flag sticks.  Of course all of these ideas were from Pintrest (how did I ever survive??!)  There were a few other ideas that I didn't do...rice krispy treats for a "sand trap" or blue jello cups as a water hazzard (I really didn't want to add more sweets! and plastic golf sets as party favors...too fun!

He was NOT a fan of the cake and being messy.  He gave a decent effort but after a few minutes he was done.  He made a mess but really didn't eat much which is fine because who really wants a one year old to have cake!!! 
 And a video of us singing to him...
 The Frosting Monster!!!
 All clean and ready to open presents...for as much as Luke loves baths, he was miserable for this one and I have no clue why!!!
On Luke's actual birthday, we had the Kents over for dinner (they were our first friends here in Germany and they still live back in Heidelberg about 1hr 20 min away.)  Luke still wasn't at all interested in his cake! 
 He was done after about 3 minutes!


And of course I have to throw some oldies in here....can't believe it's already been a year!!!!!
Love at first sight!!!!
 The big sisters meeting Luke for the first time on Easter
 They would sit like this for H-O-U-R-S!!!!

Happy birthday, little buddy!!!!!  We love you more than you'll ever know and I'm so glad that Hailey and Daddy begged and pleaded for another baby!  :) 
 

No comments: