Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Card Photo Shoot

I really love our Christmas card this year and we managed to get everyone on it and SMILING!  I couldn't get a good one of the three kids together though!  I went with a totally different color scheme this year (in clothing and on the card) and even after snagging a great Zazzle deal on Groupon, I still created my own layout.  The "Faith, Hope, and Love" quote was beyond fitting for the type of year 2013 was and we wouldn't have survived all of the trials without those 3 things.  We will definitely be counting our blessings come this new year!  Merry Christmas, everyone!!!
 
Living in Germany, Christmas card pictures almost need to be taken in early October to give a better chance of decent weather.  As the fall progresses, we get very limited in our good weather days especially on the weekend and it starts getting dark by 5, so there is no chance to squeeze it in after work.  I tried to keep it as low key as possible without driving to a cool location (a castle or bridge) especially since we needed the Greens to help us take the family shot.  One day on my walk I noticed a cute rock ledge in between two stairwell buildings...I called it a Diamond in the Rough and convinced Leevi and the Greens that it'd be perfect and within walking distance! :) 

Hahaha....you really have to use your imagination!!!  We pulled it off though! :)
Luke and Kai helping me adjust my camera settings...the rare sun is such a blessing here, but unfortunately it was out in full force and we desperately needed a cloud!  Below are just some fun extras that I didn't take the time to edit...it was hard to keep adjusting my settings with the sun in and out!

 
The Green boys...there is probably only one or two mutual friends that might notice we took our photos in the same place! :)  
 I told her that this one was going on the card....
 and she found that quite funny!
 Crazy kid!
 Silly boy!
He wanted to explore and did not want to sit with the girls!  (And it was getting close to nap time!)
 Kai attempting to trap him with her legs!



 This had some potential with Luke looking cute and snuggly, but everyone was over it by this point!
 And just for fun....

No comments: