Thursday, October 30, 2014

Virginia Beach

The kids spent 2 nights at my parents before we joined them for the rest of the weekend and thru Monday.  We were able to squeeze in two visits with my grandmother and a few more Va. Beach friends before we started the long drive west!  
 
The girls were in heaven at my parent's neighbor's house because they have like 20 pets (seriously!)  We missed the horses that are out there now, so it's definitely something they are looking forward to for next time!  They have a dog, 2 cats, a bearded dragon, two guinea pigs, a turkey, chickens and had baby chicks when we were there!  


 She will most definitely work on a farm one summer!!!!
 She wanted a picture with each chick that she held!

 We had to of course sneak in a beach day!



 
There was a kid surf competition while we were there and they had this dunk tank set up for fun.  The fun ended when Kai got her finger SMASHED in the seat as she was climbing out after getting dunked.  I could have swore she was going to run to me with the tip of her finger hanging off!  It was bad but thankfully she only lost her nail.  She's a tough kid!!!! 
This is what it looked like about a week later!  She wouldn't let us touch it, so I snipped it while she was asleep one night (it kept getting snagged, ugh!!!!)  The new nail has since grown in perfectly.  She is notorious for strange hand/arm injuries (ER visit because of a stapled her finger, horrible arm burn when a roasted marshmellow fell on her, and now a dunk tank finger crush)  Poor thing!!!

The dragonflies were out in masses in Pungo at my parent's.  After some internet research (how did parents survive our childhood without instant answers!?), we found out that they don't bite or sting and the competition was ON as to how many they could get to land on their finger!



 My parents busted out all of our old riding toys from the attic and the kids had a blast!
They still use my grandfather's old '64 Ford for hauling things around the property or trips to the dump.  I wish we could save it for Luke's first car although I'm sure I'd stress about the safety all of the time (lap belts, no air bags, on and on)

The frogs were also out in full swing and Hailey caught at least 30 a day!
Mr. Cat kept me from getting a solid rest!
My grandmother who turns 94 in a few months!
 
Apparently I didn't take as many pictures as I thought, but the memories are still there!

No comments: