Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Williamsburg

We had a timeshare week that we needed to use or lose, so we booked a week at a resort in Williamsburg to break up the chaos of the move and have some quality time to visit with friends and family.  It forced us to slow down and enjoy the summer in between the packing out and the unpacking that was to come!!!  My brother flew in from L.A. and stayed a few nights with us before he and my parents took the kids back to their house the last few nights to give Leevi and I some alone time!  Woohoo!!!  And we also snuck in a FREE day at Busch Gardens thanks to the Here's to the Heroes program! 

We picked this resort because of the awesome kid pool!!!  There was also a decent size indoor pool that was a lot of fun!!!
ALL of the Kownacks were able to come visit for an afternoon!!  It was awesome to see them even if it was just for a short time!  I guess I didn't snap any pool fun pics, but we were able to squeeze this one in before they left! 
Gotta love a relaxing hotel morning!
The Faisons came down for a pool day and the kids were excited to get together again!





We BBQ'd one evening with two families that came down from Richmond and one who came up from Va Beach (the Maidas, Faisons, and the Smiths)...that's a whole lotta girls!  :)  The Maidas and Faisons share a unique bond with us having two girls first and then a little man!!!
Dinner fun!
Vacationing is exhausting!
Silly man!
Busch Gardens fun!!!!  Hailey was brave enough to attempt this ride with Uncle Mike...I more than willingly volunteered to be the picture taker!!!  It's a ride that goes up and drops you down!
Hailey and I on her first roller coaster that goes upside down, the Loch Ness Monster!!!!  It was also my FIRST ever roller coaster, but I was 6 years older than her when I was finally brave enough to go on it!  :) 
Mike and I snuck away from the kiddos to ride the Griffon (that's us in the front row, bottom left)  It has an amazing 90 degree, 200ft drop at 75mph!!!!!
Luke and I riding the water dragons (it was HOT!!!)  The crowds were sparse because it was almost 100 degrees...I guess only the crazy people come out then!!!
Cooling off in a splash zone from the Escape from Pompeii ride!
Luke on the planes!
Leevi and Luke on the dragons!

No comments: