Monday, April 20, 2015

Luke's 3rd birthday party

We had Luke's party a few days after his birthday based around soccer games (of course!!!) and naptime!  He saw me making his cake and he said, "it's my birthday again??!"  A cute tidbit that I forgot to add in his last post was Hailey was quizzing him on his numbers and she held up 2 fingers and he said, "two", she held up 1 finger and he said, "one", then she held up 3 fingers and he said, "that's a big boy"  So sweet, sniff, sniff!!!
Of course I saw construction cakes like this all over Pinterest as I was hunting for ideas.  I modified a few ideas and pieced them together...this was the easiest cake ever since the frosting was so simple.  I used crushed up oreos (no filling) for the #3 and I found the chocolate rocks at Hobby Lobby when we were down in Texas!  


For a birthday craft, I saw on Pinterest that you can buy these cloth aprons/tool belts at either Home Depot or Lowes for less than a buck each!  Too fun!!!
Luke's toolbelt
Amy and I inadvertently dress Cody and Luke alike often!!
 Present time...we had invited the Heberlings and the Mulhollands for his party...8 kiddos and 6 adults, just enough and not too crazy!!!!


Firefighter Luke!
Leevi built this awesome rock pit that I had seen back in the fall at a pumpkin patch.  I am NOT a fan of sand boxes because I don't want the sand coming in the house, but this one is nice.  They will get a little dusty sometimes, but thankfully not sandy! 
I spray painted a few rocks gold so they can dig for treasure!
Happy birthday, Luke James!!!
 

No comments: