Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Frog Hunting

I'm glad my girls love nature and gross things like frogs, worms and such because they truly loved being out in Pungo (minus the deer flies!!!!)  They'd catch a random frog during the day, but had two specific frog hunting nights with the neighbor girls (ew!!!)  Luke and I sat out the first hunt (it was past bedtime) but I'm pretty sure they caught around 30 frogs (I think they are actually toads)
 
 Luke with a frog on his knee!
I think he was playing dead in hopes of being set free! :)
This was the morning after their first frog hunt when they released them (they wanted to save them overnight to show Luke)



And here they are with Augusta ready for our big family frog hunt...5 adults and 5 kids armed with flashlights and glow sticks!  "Let's do this!"





Four frogs....ewwwww!!!!


And the final count this night.....FIFTY!!!!!  Ew!!!!!!!  :)  We did release them that night so they didn't have to be tortured for too long!  The girls are set to break the record next summer! 


No comments: