Saturday, August 22, 2015

Virginia Wrap-Up

We were able to sneak in 3 more visits with very close friends of mine and coincidentally they were 3 of my bridesmaids and all Longwood graduates! :)  My kids had a blast playing with their kids!  .
 
First we met Emily and her ridiculously adorable daughter, Evelyn, at a park for a playdate.

And then the following week Emily and I were able to sneak away sans kids for dinner at Crocs, a restaurant we waitressed at together during our student teaching semester 15 years ago!!!!  I just had to take a picture of my dinner because I always crave it when I'm back in the area...Five Pepper Tuna over mashed potatoes...I had to resist licking the plate!!  We sat and chatted for almost 4 hours...guess we had a lot to catch up on!
I talked my kids into a 3 hour drive to meet Amy and her kids halfway for a playdate afternoon (they are stationed at Fort Bragg in NC).  We met at a children's museum and then ventured to Chuck E Cheese and then finally McDonald's for ice cream and the playground. 


Kailee and Janie

The gang
It only took us 5 tries without a kid trying to photobomb us! :)
Amy and I still dream about the day our hubbies will get stationed together!
Once we left Pungo, we headed back to Richmond for a few days to play with Claire's kids!




Claire and I took the 6 kids to see Inside Out (awesome movie!!!!)  Poor Hailey had a swollen eye due to a ill-placed bug bite (sadly, this happens to her about every 2 years!!!)

Sweet boy!
And sad boy!  He was sad because Caroline and Hailey had blown up water balloons but didn't make any for him...thankfully, they saw that pitiful face and made him some!
And we were all super, super excited to see Daddy again!!!  He flew into the Richmond airport to drive us home the next day.
We always look forward to our visits with them!!!!
Caroline and Hailey
Grace and Kailee
Luke and Will
Poor Leila girl was excited to get on the road and head home!!!
The 8 hr drive from the Faisons to the Greens wasn't bad and we visited with them for a few hours and then headed to a hotel since they had family in town.  Luke was excited to wake up and have "coffee" in bed and get moving on our final 6hr leg home!
Home Sweet Home!!!  The kids had left Leevi notes around the house before we started our adventure a month before!

No comments: