Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Just a few more days...

Leevi and Hailey have just one more day in Spokane and then start their long journey back to Germany on Wed with a drive across WA to Seattle. They fly early Thurs. morning, but won't get back here until Friday afternoon. Can't wait to see them! When I talk with Hailey on the phone the first thing she will always ask me is if it's night or morning for me. :) And then she'll tell Kailee, "You can come visit me sometime!" :) Kailee loves hearing her voice! When I ask Kai where did Hailey and Daddy go, she points to the sky and says, "plane".

In the meantime, Kailee and I are keeping busy. We went hunting yesterday for cold-weather clothes (to NO avail!) It's been a brisk 59/60 and gloomy cloudy...I stocked up on plenty of winter clearance before we moved but all of those clothes are in the shipment coming in mid-July. I didn't think I'd need them now! The poor girls have 3 pair of pants and maybe 2 t-shirts and one sweater each. They could potential get away with a dress on some days but all of their dresses are tank tops and too chilly. So, Kailee and I searched the PX yesterday and the only thing I walk away with for her are size 12 month pants! :) I'm scared to wash them! They are right at her ankles and I supposed she could get away with the "capri" look! :) I was desperate...I would have even gone for boy pants, but they had nothing! She and I checked out the Thrift Shop on post without much luck either...I did find two Carter's fleece long-sleeved nightgowns for Hailey for only $1.25 each! And a pair of New Balance sneakers for Kailee for .50cents. The poor thing has plenty of sandals but the only shoes I kept out for her are her Dora Crocs (that are probably too little to still be wearing!) Can't wait for July when we get all of our stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Leevi went overboard (to say the least!) at a consignment shop in WA and is bringing home an entire luggage of cold weather clothes. And now of course it's supposed to be high 70's tomorrow and Thursday! Ha! I'm assuming it will constantly be back and forth. It's a very weird feeling to have to go online and check the weather report (NEVER had to do that in Hawaii!) :)
Speaking of Hawaii...she misses the sand (I don't!)
We go from a warm afternoon like the one above to a chilly sunless day...here she is off to the park insisting that she bring her bubbles, backpack, and "ah ah" (monkey)
And back to warm this morning (yet now this afternoon its cloudy and chilly and we'll probably need a sweater when we walk Leila) And oh how I wish I had saved one of the plenty of child ballcaps we have (coming in the shipment!) had I know her obsession with this one was coming! :) She turns heads though! :)
She morphs into a kitty quite often and will crawl around and meow. I cringed as she crawled the length of the playground in her new (but thankfully cheap) size 12 month pants! :) Meow!
Finally HAIR but still not much! Can't tell if she'll be as curly as Hailey, but it could be because she doesn't really have much yet or because of the cold weather...


RIDICULOUS, I know....this is her new "smile" face!

1 comment:

amy said...

That's life in WA too. We finally had sun today. Feel your pain. Hang in there. Life will be better when your shipment comes in.