Monday, June 7, 2010

You Live and Learn

Oh, Hailey, Hailey, Hailey....we had just walked into the hotel from taking Kailee to the doctor and Leevi was changing, I'm peeing (with Kailee clung to me) and I heard Hailey messing around near the fridge. All of a sudden she walks into the bathroom with a mouthful of RED...my first thought was that she drank some of Kailee's Tylenol and thought better of it, but she was walking in to look in the bathroom mirror as blood is pooling in her mouth. I asked her what she did and of course she replied, "nothing"...I called to Leevi (from the toliet!) and grabbed her a washcloth. Leevi looked at it and thought her chapped lips had cracked. When I finally looked and asked her if she tried climbing up the shelving by the fridge, she said, "I was trying to get the frost in the freezer" OMG...she pulled a "Christmas Story tongue to the flagpole"!!!!!!! I felt bad, but I couldn't help but laugh!

Nope, those aren't rosy, red lips...that would be blood!!!


Thankfully, after holding the washcloth for about 5 minutes, she was fine. She didn't complain about it at all for the rest of the day until I gave her a wipie to clean her face after dinner...guess the alcohol burned! Hopefully she learned her lesson and one day when she's old enough to watch A Christmas Story she can add her sympathy story! :)

No comments: