Friday, August 13, 2010

Schloss Hirschhorn

Last weekend we went castle hunting with the Kents. Most of the castles (and they are everywhere!) are just ruins with some pieces still standing and they are typically turned into bed and breakfasts and restaurants. The first one we went to was only that and you couldn't explore anywhere. It did have a great view though and we made mental plans to return without 5 children under the age of 6!!!!We drove a little further and found Schloss Hirchhorn...again a hotel/restaurant but it had a tower still standing so we walked around for a bit. It'd be nice if we had an English speaking tour guide or even something to read in English so we could learn a little more about the castle (We need you, Iris!!!) But it still makes for good pictures!I love this one

I said, "Who's wants ice cream!?"




Who locked the Princess in the tower?!
Looking for the enemy


I loved this area for a picture but couldn't get a great one of the two of them and then a crowd passed through.
Hailey said, "this is going to be our grumpy face picture"






The girls were being goofy on the ride home...they went on like this FOREVER but I kept thinking "I'm not going to pull my camera out because as soon as I do they will stop". But they kept going so I was able to catch a little clip. Hailey was saying something over and over and then would crash back into her carseat like she had passed out. Apparently Kailee thought it was hilarious!

No comments: