Monday, March 7, 2011

Piglets at Buffalo Park!

We went on a family bike ride/walk after cheerleading on Saturday. Hailey rode her bike the whole 3 miles (roundtrip) while I walked with Leila next to her in case she needed help. Leevi pulled Kailee in the bike trailer. We were so excited to see that newborn piglets were at the park! The mother was so kind to build their bed (nest?) right next to the fence!Leevi is traveling again so I told the girls that if the weather was nice the next day we'd come back. It has been chilly yet SUNNY which apparently isn't typical weather here so we are trying to make the most of it and get outside when we can! We went back on Sunday and the deer and buffalo were also very close by. The little piggies were out and about exploring!
They are soooooo adorable...the girls and I want to bring one home!! :)
We loved the way they followed around the two moms.

And some cute video snippets! I had just put my camera away when two piglets started wrestling (it reminded me of Leila and Marley!) and then the mother came running over as if to say, "Enough is enough...knock it off before someone gets hurt!" :)

No comments: