Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Dance Recital!

Both girls had their Spring Dance Recital last week. It was supposed to be on a stage at the gym but those plans had to change last minute so we just had it at the dance studio. At first, Leevi and I thought that was pretty cheesy (compared to where we had it in the Winter) but it probably made all of the girls feel more comfortable in a familiar setting. Hailey had her usual complaints of having to wear tights and put her hair in a bun but I bribed her with body glitter!




Kylee and Kailee at the dress rehearsal (Kylee just turned 4!!!!! It's not that my Kailee is so tall, it's that this Kylee is so little!!!!!!!)I felt it was going to be a complete hit or miss with Kailee and the recital. I went back and forth for awhile wondering if I should spend the money on her costume and I'm so glad I did! She got about 50% of the steps during the performance and once she was in character (costume, makeup, hair) I think it clicked for her! She didn't mess with her hair once! Hailey's duet with Emily...they are the only two left in the 5 yr old ballet class!



"The Company" :) It's hard to tell in the picture on the bottom right but our girls were holding hands! I L-O-V-E moments like that!!


Hailey, 5


Kailee, 2


The girls with their teacher, Ms. Angel (who might also be Hailey's kindergarten asst teacher next year!)


With their extremely proud parents!






Afterwards we met the Doziers at the Bowling Alley for Kids Night which apparently doesn't exist anymore! We always commented on how pitiful the turn-out was for "free kid bowling" and $1 off pizza so I guess they decided to axe the program! Hailey had to miss the soccer game that night (our game was at 5:30 and the recital started at 6:00...I'm glad we didn't try to attempt both because the game started late and the recital started on time!) but the team did great and All-Star Talia scored THREE goals!

The recital! The teacher forgot part of the ending to the Hailey's dance routine....oops! I guess that can happen when you've got 7 dances to memorize! They were adorable all the same!



I've also added the practice that I filmed so the girls could practice their routines at home so you can see some of the differences in the girls...Hailey had a little more life (no audience to be embarrassed for) and Kailee sort of did her own thing which made me all the more impressed with her composure during the real performance! And you'll also notice how many of the steps were left out!!!! Ms. Angel is mom of 4, a full-time teacher, and she teaches at least 8 dance classes (without an assistant!) during the week!!!!!

No comments: