Friday, June 10, 2011

Spring Soccer

A friend of mine volunteered me to coach Hailey's soccer team this Spring. I was worried that Hailey would give me a hard time and be clingy with me in charge instead of someone else coaching, but she did great! It probably helped that we already knew 7 of the 9 players on the team so she was buddy-buddy with her friends and didn't worry too much about me! Leevi had missed a couple of games and Hailey missed a couple of games (ballet recital and Edelweiss trip) so this was the first game that Leevi was able to take pictures.

I LOVE that she wanted to be #5 like me.....or maybe it helped that she's 5 years old right now! ;)
One of my biggest concerns of coaching was Kailee! Leevi was traveling a lot during the season but the moms and older siblings helped keep an eye on Kai. She'd play on the playground, wander over to play some soccer, and cry a lot when things didn't go her way (practices/games ran past bedtime!) I did a lot of coaching with her on my hip (making me really feel like a Soccer Mom) She'll probably be ready to play next Spring....she's soooooo fast when she dribbles (out-of-control-no-fear-of-falling!!) And she's got a secret weapon....she's a dominant lefty! The only thing stopping her from playing now is the fact that two year olds cry when someone steals the ball away! :)








Warming up! Go #5!

Gettin in the action...her aggressiveness really developed during the season...maybe because her best friend is a BEAST and she didn't want Talia showing her up! Celebrating a GOAL!My Proud Moment: I remember this specific play where N-I-N-E players were charging at Hailey! As if it were slow motion I had 100 thoughts:"Go in HARD, lock your ankle, stay strong, watch out!, STICK IT!" And she did!!!!!!!! (without getting plummeted!) :) Defense Wins Games! :) Excited to get their trophies!!!


This little girl in the pink on the left kept wandering in front of the camera when we were trying to take a picture...she must have been a sibling from the other team and she was completely oblivious to what we were trying to do even with Hailey giving her dirty looks! :)

1 comment:

Sara Maida said...

LOVE IT!!!! And Kai has crazy ball control for how fast she dribbles! And I love the coach shot! :)