Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas Card Photoshoot

Last Friday the girls had off from school so I took them to the Hardenberg castle in Bad Durkheim about half an hour away for a photoshoot for our Christmas card.  It ended up not being the castle I thought I was going to but I LOVED it!  It's by far my favorite castle I've seen as of yet (in ruins or not).  It was MASSIVE!!!!  We had a little trouble at first trying to figure out how to get up to the castle and after a bit of driving we decided to just park and follow the walking trail.  I was worried that I'd bitten off more than I could chew since Leevi wasn't with me!  I should have taken a picture of how far we had to walk up yet the girls did great.  I was amazed at how many levels the castle had...we walked up, explored the grounds, and then would climb the next flight of steps and find a whole new level!  Once we finally reached the top there was still a tower that we could have climbed with a sprialling staircase but I was able to convince Hailey that we really didn't need to go up (for fear that I'd be carrying Kai UP or DOWN!) 

 
I don't really want to spoil what our Christmas card for this year looks like, but some of these pictures that I didn't use on the card were too cool or cute to not be on the blog. 

 
How most of the shoot went.....






Um, seriously Hailey?!?!!  :)  Her "glamour pose" on the left and her "laughing at herself pose" on the right

Along the tree line of the top left photo is another castle (maybe the one I was originally trying to get to)...I wonder if long ago they were friends or enemies

Kai was pouting in the top right photo because I screamed at her, scared her, went hysterical told her to stop climbing that window!  I was too scared to go over afterward to see how far down the drop was!  Ughh! 

 
Overall the adventure was fun and I got a few decent pictures.  One that I LOVE and others that are do-able for this years' card!  :)  You'll just have to wait and see.........

No comments: