Wednesday, August 29, 2012

4 months!!!!!

Yes, I'll say it again this month....TIME IS FLYING!!!!  Maybe it's because he's blowing through milestones so quickly...he has completely robbed me of the whole new world of being able to sit unassisted while happily playing with toys....that should have lasted at least a month or two!  This crawling nonsense is nuts!  :)  AND he can't really even sit up yet completely alone...he's too jerky still and will teeter forwards or backwards.  I've added a video of him crawling at 4 1/2 months but even within a week of that video he has altered his technique and will army crawl (using more of his arms now instead of just frog hopping with his legs!) OR he will get up on all fours and rock and then (no, lie!) spring forward with all limbs at once!  (I really need to get that on video)  I remember joking with Kailee that I needed to buy one of those baby helmets because as soon as she started crawling, she started climbing (but at least she gave me until 7 months old!)  If he's moved too quickly before I can catch him, he'll propel himself into a shelf or the couch or belly flop into a toy!  Oh BOY!  :)  I'm certain now that's where that saying comes from!  :) 
 
So, at 4 months, he is a busy, busy little boy, but also has become very easy...he doesn't completely hate his car seat anymore, he's napping great (usually!), and he's still quick to nurse at night.  Some nights he's up quite a bit, but I'm trying to hold off a little longer before we start solid foods.  The girls didn't sleep through the night until 10 and 9 months so I didn't really expect it from him either.  
 

 
He about gave me a heart attack when I walked in the room to check on him and he was on his belly and his head was where his feet were.  He started doing his shortly before 4 months and of course now he sleeps better!  
 He's pretty content making his rounds among the doorway jumper, exersaucer and on the floor in the play area or his room. 
 By 4 months he has found his feet, reaches for EVERYTHING, and can sit up a bit.  He also has already discovered that paper, remotes, cellphones, and keys are way better than toys!  :) 

He's not always so smiley!!!!

That's a little better...I was trying to get a picture of him with his "Little Brother" outfit

We don't use the bouncer too much anymore :)   
Random cuteness...
 
I have a Love-Hate relationship with the fish but they are pretty good babysitters recently!  :) 
He's already into at least 6-9 clothes and I could probably completely skip this size and move right to 9-12, but he's got some so I'm determined to fit him into them at least once!  :)  I put on this outfit in the picture and managed to get all of the snaps snapped at the crotch but as soon as I picked him up it was like rapid fire!  :) 
 
And his room is s-l-o-w-l-y coming together...he's crib bolts were missing for quite awhile but we finally got his crib together but his nursery name letters still haven't come in the mail (maybe because I kept forgetting to order them!!!!)  Hopefully by the time I get around to taking house pictures, they will be here! 
I posted this photo on FB sometime around 3 1/2 months when he slowly started moving around...he would roll and spin in a circle and we didn't think his movement was intentional yet....NOT the case anymore!  It shows you how FAST babies blow through the "baby things"...no more bouncer, bumbo, activity mat!  Thank goodness they were ALL hand-me-downs....I finally learned my lesson with the 3rd one!  :) 
And his crawling video...before he started using his arms, he would just leap his legs like a frog! 

No comments: