Monday, August 13, 2012

Schwetzingen Schlossgarten

We tagged along with the fabulous Seaton family (man, do we miss them!) on their family photo shoot at the Schwetzingen Castle Gardens.  It was nothing that I expected....MASSIVE, GORGEOUS, and so many UNIQUE sections of the garden.  I think I was picturing a castle ruins; snap a few pics for about an hour, let the girls play together and then head home (with the big Seaton girls for a sleepover).  FIVE hours later, I got some decent pictures, but Kailee wasn't too cooperative and Luke wasn't really smiling yet, so they are just ok despite the AMAZING scenery! 
The Seaton girls, family, and then Katie talking with Luke and the besties, Alli and Hailey





I do like this one on the left of Kai peeking through the bridge (NOT wanting to pose because she wasn't holding Luke!)  :) 


And I like this one on the left....Libby and Alli were dancing around to try and get the girls to smile

How hard is it to look at the camera and smile??!!!  You'd think they'd have learned by now my tormenting of them could quickly be over if they just cooperate :) 

Kai was all smiles when she could hold Luke...try and find her hiding behind Hailey on the right!  Grr!!  :) 

And I got a lot of these type shots!  :)  It looks like Hailey's arms are on backwards! :)

Random shots around the gardens...I tried to find out how many acres is it....MASSIVE. 

More random shots and at the end we found a really cool labyrinth which was ridiculous to keep up with 5 wandering girls (hence, no pictures!) 

The water castle
And no afternoon is complete without Kailee giving me a heart attack.  I was across the water dealing with Luke and I look up to see Kailee standing on the rock where I pasted that monster in the photo!!!!  She had ducked under the railing and was just checking things out!!!  It actually would have made for a great photo but this was definitely not one of those moments where you pick up the camera anyway and reprimand after!

The statues outside the gardens...a lady selling spargel (white asparagus...my FAVORITE German soup!)

It was a perfect afternoon and our time together before the Seaton's moved flew waaaayyyy too fast at the end!  

No comments: