Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Half Birthday!


Wow, half a year already!!!!!!  We just couldn't be more in love with this little man!  He had his 6 month check up on Friday and is 18.8lbs...he was 18.2 at 4 months, so I'm guessing he didn't gain much because he's on the move!  He's still in the 60% for weight...although, I don't completely trust this current weight because he was crawling around on the scale!  He is finally sleeping for longer stretches at night (7-8 hours) and usually a total of 12-13 from the time he goes down AND he's a champ at sleeping in (I usually have to wake him up at 8 when I take Hailey to school...today he (and ME) slept in until 9:15...high five Luke James!!!!
Love, love, love the photo on the left (just had a 16x20 canvas made of it!!!!)  This series was actually the first I shot...it just takes one!   That leaf on the log was there when I set him down, so I just left it...of course he found it and then he fell over backwards! 
He was talking to us the whole time!
There were way too many good ones to choose from!!!!!  It was so hard to attempt this by myself...adjust the camera settings, worry about the shadows (or him falling over!!!) 
Kai brought this duck along to help Luke smile and of course she felt he needed a picture of his own when we finished.  If was a gorgeous fall day, so after we picked Hailey up from school we went to the park and Hailey wanted a turn with my camera. 
His first time in the grass....
He's a big show off!!!!!!  He pulls himself up everywhere and has finally come close to mastering being able to sit himself back down (verses just falling!!!!) 
The underwear/diaper gang!
The end of the day while waiting on Leevi to get home is always the craziest....I'm trying to get dinner ready and Luke is into everything in the kitchen OR he'll pull up on my legs and I'm forced to attempt to help him balance with food fingers! 
He is unintentionally into EVERYTHING! 

His curls come in when he's sweaty!!!

Naptime has become challenging because he'll stand in his crib and not lay back down!  He'll get himself to sleep about 75% of the time...I really didn't push the issue until he could find his own pacifier and I'm certain that being able to get himself to sleep has tied into him sleeping longer stretches! 


Leevi and Luke at 6 months....I feel like Luke looks more like the adult Leevi than the baby Leevi!  I also think Luke looks a lot like my older brother...need to get some baby pics of him to compare!
Leila's new place to hang is under Luke's crib...I often forget to check and see if she's there when Luke goes to bed at night and she gets locked in!
 He just melts our hearts!!!!

No comments: