Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tidbits from Kai

It's been easier to add funny things the girls say into a regular post vs a specific one, but Kai has said some pretty cute things recently and I can actually remember most of them (high five, me!) So here you go....

*Kai:  "Rapunzel and I are going to move to Africa."
Me:  "Wow!  What is in Africa?'
Kai: "Isn't that where Farrah lives?"
Me:  "Oh!  You mean Arizona!!!!"

*The girls were taking a bath and Hailey was laying down to get warm and wouldn't stay on her side.  In good ole big sister fashion, she was teasing Kai and wouldn't sit up. 
Kai: "Hailey!!!  Criss-cross applesause!!!"  (I love how it's PC now and no longer "Indian-Style")
Hailey: "I will if you say "criss-cross applesause" seven times!"
Kai:  (In all seriousness) "Criss-cross applesause seven times"  :)

*Hailey came to me with a very concerned look on her face and said, "I don't mean to tattle but I think Kailee wants me to play an inappropriate game with her." 
Me:  "Well, what is it?"
Hailey: "She wants us to be Gods and there is only one God and I don't think we should pretend to be him"
Me: "Hmm...tell Kai to come here."
Me: "Kai, how do you play Gods?"
Kai: "You use swords and protect people."
Me: "Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do you mean "Guards?"
Kai: "Yes!  "Gods" 
She's got a crazy accent!!!!!!!!!  :) 

*Kai has been sleeping in only underwear since the summertime.  She'd put jammies on after her bath and then at some point strip them off before she was asleep because she was hot.  I finally told her to stop even putting them on!  She could live in her underwear and crazy hair all the time (and usually does if we don't have anything to do that day!)  Now that it's colder, I will put a nightgown on her before I go to bed, but she'll typically strip it off first thing in the morning!  One day this week I noticed that Kai had on TWO pairs of underwear...when I asked her why she replied that it was to keep her warm at night!  :) 

A benefit about living in Germany is that usually only 75% of our gifts make it here by Christmas!  It's fun to have an extended celebration!  We received a box of goodies from the Iverson sisters and Kai said of one of the gifts, "Oh!  That is so sweet of them!"  And of another (a craft) "this is a wonderful gift"





No comments: