Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas 2013

We had a perfect Christmas with kids sleeping in, fun presents, the Greens over for dinner, and Facetime/Skyping with family.  We brought down Luke's train table that we have had in the attic for almost a year now that we practically stole from the Matthews.  The girls enjoy playing with it as much as Luke does.   
 Waiting patiently to go downstairs!!! 
I found a yummy casserole that will probably become a Christmas tradition breakfast...I prepped the eggs, ham and milk the night before so I only had to layer everything together (shredded hash browns, eggs, ham and cheese...too easy...and then it baked for an hour while we opened presents.  Last year I tried a yummy French toast casserole and it was just too sweet; much more like a dessert and not a slightly wholesome breakfast! :)  The link for the recipe
Present fun!!!! 
Kai opening her present from Hailey that she shopped for at the Secret Santa store at school!
Hailey opening her Ariel bed tent that she has seriously waited for for a year and a half!  I couldn't find a place to ship it here and finally did sometime in the fall! 
Checking out the tent!!!!  Ironically, she never sleeps in her bed and only sleeps in the tent on the ground with Leila or in bed with Kailee!  I think the girls have slept up there twice! 
More present fun...

My favorite present this year!  I, of course, found this idea on Pinterest and asked my parents for help in gathering the hardware and I'm glad I did because they had 75% of it in their garage...some of the items are from my great uncle's and grandparent's houses...too cool to have some history on the board!  We even have a new combination lock where my grandfather wrote the combo on the back of the package...we were able to incorporate his handwriting onto the board...LOVE!  It's a huge hit and definitely a forever toy!
The girls helped me rearrange Luke's room to accommodate the train table...and we also removed a good chunk of the tracks and extras and just made a basic loop for the trains until Luke gets older!  It's still awesome and has 4 noise sensors that sound as the trains pass.
 
Totally the old man from UP! :)
Leevi testing out his new Cowboys snuggie!!! 
We snapped a quick picture before the Greens came over for Christmas dinner (and then I didn't pick my camera up anymore!!!!)  The girls love their fashion glasses from Santa and they also had been asking for jean jackets...so fun!!!  Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christmas morning fun...

No comments: