Saturday, January 18, 2014

Random catch ups...

These pictures aren't even in order, but here's just a purge of my iPhone pics! 

This video is old, but I don't think I ever posted it....so cute! 
I took the girls ice skating again this year.  Luke and Leevi stayed home because there was no point in dragging Luke along.  They had fun and even tempted a few times without the penguin.



Some ice skating clips...
 
We taught the girls to play Mexican Train Dominos over the break...they really picked up on it quickly and can now play their own hand.  BUT we can only have this "family" game time when the monster is asleep! :)
Kai picked out her own New Years outfit!  The Greens came over for dinner, but left early to get the boys in bed.  The girls made it to midnight, but we all crashed immediately afterwards!
Sparklers...

We went to Yabadoo (indoor bounce house) twice in one week for two birthday parties.  The kids had a blast and Luke is old enough to definitely enjoy it. 

That's Luke climbing up the ladder to go down the big slide all by himself...such a big boy!!! 
They built a new roller coaster that is pretty fun!
Hailey and her friend, Victoria, from 1st grade
 Yabadoo video...
iPhone fun...
Coloring kits from Aunt Naomi and Uncle James
Movie night!
Dawna and I took the girls to see the play Cinderella...we had great front and center seats and the performance was really cute. 
In addition to the Boy at Play sign, our other Pinterest craft this break was a growth chart.  I can take credit for the majority of this one although Leevi did buy and cut the wood for me!  Other than waiting a day for the stain to dry, it was a pretty quick project...definitely easy.  This was the tutorial I followed to for how to get the numbers on the board.  I was surprised at how well it worked (you can see the before in the left picture) and I plan on using that method again for some other signs for the house.  You can see in the picture on the right that Luke was 'helping' me!  I finally had to shoo him inside when I started adding the lines to make sure I did the math correctly (it's measured for hanging 6 inches off the ground).  There are two board because I made one for the Greens also.  Considering this is the 5th house that Hailey has lived in, I wanted something we can take with us!  I'm going to looked up a few old heights in the girls' baby books and add them to the chart (birth, age 2 and age 5) 
My tiny assistant and a close up of the girls' heights...I thought it'd be neat to let them write their own names to see how their handwriting changes over the years! 
Heading to pick Hailey up from school with his new Christmas present.
We were babysitting Eli one day while the big kids were at school and on our scooter ride/walk we saw the firetruck.  One of the firemen asked if Kai and Eli wanted to see the inside!  Too cool!
My parents mailed Kailee a personalized doctor kit for her bday but it didn't get here until 2 months later!!!  It's pretty awesome though!!!!!!!!! 
This kid has always been able to sleep just about anywhere...on the left she made herself a bed out of a box that came in the mail.  She told me that she was going to take a nap and I never thought that she'd really fall asleep!!!!  Although it was after soccer practice that morning and Sebastian really has them doing quite a bit of cardio during the training!!!  And the pictures on the right are how I found her one night when I went to bed.  She had asked to pull this baby tent down from the attic for her dolls. 
 

No comments: