Friday, May 20, 2016

April 2016

April was super busy!  Leevi got home on the 22nd and we are now in the middle of packing and many trips to see friends and family before we move at the end of June.  We have movers coming in less than two weeks!!!  I was desperate to at least get caught up through April but I'm hoping to keep my computer out until the 2nd shipment so I can stay on top of things until we leave! 
 
Book character day at school...Goldilocks has Chicken Pox
Never underestimate the power of a cardboard box!
My laundry helper...she was sorting the socks for me!
There's a funny story behind this jacket...I bought a North Face jacket size 7/8 for Hailey when she was 4 because it was on clearance for only $13!!!!!  She finally fit it in 1st grade and wore it for 3 seasons before she reluctantly handed it down to Kailee.  Kai wore it all of maybe three times this past winter before the zipper broke! It's questionable whether or not it was wear and tear or Kailee's fault.  I couldn't find anyone in the area to repair it, so Leevi suggested sending it to The North Face because they have a warranty.  The warranty was vague as to if this would be covered but regardless it would get fixed.  FOUR months later a package arrived from them and they sent a BRAND NEW COAT!!!  Woohoo, except winter was over and Kai didn't get to wear it!  Ha, it's like Hailey secretly had this planned all along!  Since we are headed to Hawaii, Kai won't wear it next year either...there's still hope for Whitney! Best $13 ever spent!!!
We were totally spoiled by the gelato man in Germany who came around daily with REAL ice cream on his truck for $1...the kids knew no different.  Through the warmer months, we have a man who drives through our neighborhood with the typical American ice cream man treats that aren't nearly as yummy but still fun!  BUT soooo pricey, so we only do it about twice a year, ha!
Group hug!  Poor Whit!

She starts rubbing those eyes as soon as the swaddle goes on!
Yay for warm weather!
Sweet sisters!!!  The girls were so helpful with Whitney in the evenings while Leevi was at his school in VA.
I had to take a picture of this sweet note Hailey sent to Leevi.




He wanted me to text this picture to Leevi.  His buildings are always so thought out!
Big sister story time

Crazy girls!!!!  I showed them a partner ab workout I saw on Facebook so they wanted to try all of the moves out!  They did impressively well!!!  Girl Strong!!!

Oh, just some superheroes taking a break!

She's started eating some mum-mums!
Look at that LOVE!!!


We babysat Ethan one Saturday morning!!  He's over 2 months younger than Whitney but weighs more than she does!


He was so excited to help!
Kailee found this crazy creature on the trampoline!!!!  It's a MOTH that totally looks like a bunny!

I know Hailey is going to kill me for putting these on here, but I have to document what a pain she is when I want to take her picture!  I forgot to add these to her 10yr bday post!!!  
Senior yearbook picture??!!!



OMG, Leila was sneezing!!!!!  She totally looks like she is about to attack, but goodness that dog would let a band of robbers into our house!  And it doesn't help that she can't hear very well!!!
 Um, looking waayyy too old...she can go back to making the goofy faces!!!
 
I have no shame in posting that my sweet Luke has carried around one of his sister's dolls (who he's named no other than Whitney) for the past two days. He is the epitome of ALL BOY: wild, loud, trucks, sports, mud, worms but is the most adoring soul his baby sister could ask for! But the main reason why I love this photo is because it makes me love his daddy even more for the amazing role model he is for our four children! Of course boys can take care of babies and feed them and soothe them because he sees his daddy do the same!
My parents brought a few tubs of my childhood things when they came to visit in the fall and I finally got a chance to go through them.  This is Honey and now she's Whitney's first baby doll! 


Hmmm, definitely doesn't look like we have a KING size bed!!!  You are looking at the King and Queen for sure!
I was hoping washable markers would work on this, but nope.  Dry eraser markers stain :( so the painting smocks are a must!
Crazy boy!!
OMG, so...our LAST night before Leevi got home from his 4 month school the door alarm in the basement went off at 3am!!!!!!!!!!!  It's a magnet alarm that activates when the door gets opened.  I didn't hear it but the girls came running upstairs and woke me up.  OMG!  They were so brave and concocted a plan for what to do (stay or run!) They briefly glanced out of their room at the back door and it was closed.  I had to go down there alone and disarm the ear-piercing alarm and the door was still locked but the magnet piece had shifted/slipped which had triggered the alarm (why of all times would that have to happen at 3am??!!!!!)  Of course a billion bad thoughts ran through my head and I was worried that what if someone got in, locked the door, and was now hiding in my basement!!!  Sigh!!!  The picture below is my mom-jimmy-rig barricading the basement door to the top main floor, ha!  The girls slept in Luke's bed (since he was in mine) and graciously a neighbor came over in the morning before work to scope out the basement for me and check the back door.  There weren't any signs of a forced entry, phew, and thankfully we didn't have to sleep another night without Leevi here!  (And a side note, it's a big joke that I don't iron, but I definitely put the ironing board to good use!)
Sweet girl immediately pulls her arms out of her swaddle
Having fun while the boys run crazy at gymnastics Open Gym time
Lemonade sale which quickly turned to Kool-aid sale
Yay, Daddy is HOME!!!!!  I caught Leevi in a blink, but we had a family movie night watching the new Star Wars movie that was finally on iTunes.
Sister secrets in the morning before church (Whit and Kai)

Our last MOPS of the year
Oh my!!!!!  This is too awesome not to put on here!!!  This is a really neat app called YouCamMakeup!  It'd be super beneficial if you wanted to change your hair style or color, but the girls love to go on it do it make overs!  Poor Leevi got suckered into posing...Kai's face in the background makes it even better (along with Leevi's five o'clock shadow!!!)
Waiting for Daddy to get home from work!
Um, yep, that would be baby barf!  This poor dog has put up with so much over the years! :) Although, she's super happy that Whitney is now in the baby food stage! 

No comments: