Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Luke is FOUR!!!!

I love celebrating birthdays, just not my own kids...they are growing waaayyyy too fast!!!  It's no joke how quickly it goes!  Luke hears me say to Whitney "You better stop that growin!" and he says, "And me too??!"  Oh yes, little buddy!!!   Although he can grow out of the tantrums, ha!  And the coming into our room in the night, ha!  He is still super helpful with Whitney and still amazingly organized and so thoughtful.  I can totally see how moms of boys are way overprotective of their son when it comes to dating and marriage...oh my, he's gonna make an amazing husband and daddy (I guess growing up with three sisters will make you learn the ins and outs of women whether you want to or not!)

He goes the first week of May for his 4 yr check up and the dreaded 4 yr old shots!  I held off until Whitney's 6 month appt so we can just do it together (she'll get shots too; wish me luck!) He's still pretty short but a friend of mine gave me a glimmer of hope when she told me that her brother was 4'11" at the start of high school and finally grew in 11th grade and he's 6' 2"!  My only wish is that he's taller than his sisters!!!!   
 
 
He is obsessed with monster trucks, hot wheels, and superheroes!  And when he's not playing with those, you'll find him outside!!! 
 
And a few favorite recent quotes of his: 
 
Running through the house: "I'm so fast I can hear the wind inside my ears!!"
When he sees a new outfit on Whitney: "Awww, look at that pretty girl!"
Motivating Cody to do his own buckle in the car: "You can do it!  You're a big boy!  You wear UNDERWEAR!!!"  I chuckled to myself all day on that one!  My new mantra in life is "I can do it!  I wear underwear!!" 
 
His last picture as a 3 yr old is pitiful!  :(  He and Whitney both had fevers and a cold.  Thankfully the fever broke in the night and he woke up as a happy 4 yr old!!!!
 Cinnamon buns for breakfast with the girls before school (Whitney was still snoozing!)
Daddy was able to step away from his class to FaceTime to sing Happy Birthday and open presents.
 A few more presents...
I suppose if it's your birthday you can do what you want!!!
We FaceTimed with my parents to open their gift from them.  Racecar legos!!!
I helped a bit, but he did a great job following the directions ("the map" as he calls it)

The girls had American Heritage Girls that night at church and I probably would have let them skip if it wasn't only twice a month.  We celebrated with pizza for dinner before they left. 
And once they got home, we invited Riley and her parents over for ice cream sundaes! 
He only wanted plain chocolate!
And a few out takes from the photo shoots!



 We love you, crazy boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: