Saturday, August 9, 2008

Kids Say the Darnedest Things Part 2

nu=3244>4<3>9;2>WSNRCG=32333;749:;46nu0mrj.jpg">
Here's the second addition to "kids say the darnedest things". Most of these are daily sayings from Hailey....
**Whenever something is in her eye (dust, eyelash, etc) she comes to us and says, "There's a bug in my eye"
**Hailey still likes to be held a lot but since I'm getting late in my pregnancy I tell her that "she's too heavy and it hurts the baby in my belly." Well, lately she has been bringing me her baby dolls to take from her and repeating that exact phrase with a look of fatigue on her face as she rubs her belly.
**A related phrase I say to her when she asks to be picked up is that "my hands are full"...she'll often want to be carried up or down the stairs but I'm usually dragging groceries, laundry, etc. up/down so often she'll be playing and come to me loaded up with toys/babies and say, "I have my hands full!" :)
**Again dealing with her eyes: She says often, "My eyes hurt", but with her accent/slur it sounds an awful lot like "My a#$ hurts"
**A few days ago she was messing with Leila and pulling her tail. Leevi told her to stop or he'd pull Hailey's tail...she replied to him, "I don't have a tail. I have a bum." :)
**Today getting ready for her nap, she called to me from her room wondering where I was. I called back saying I'm in the bathroom and I'd be there in a minute. She replied back, "O.K., take your time!" Haha...it's amazing on how quickly they pick up on phrases! :)

No comments: