Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Can't Be Much Longer Now....

The mystery is almost over and we will soon be holding our baby girl or boy! I know we've driven most of you crazy because we waited to find out what we are having...just part of the fun! We are finally set on names...I was getting worried that I'd be holding my newborn and looking through a name book. For a girl: Kailee Mya (pronounced Kylie)...we chose that spelling because Kai is Hawaiian and Lee is spelled like Leevi. Mya is also Hawaiian and means Emerald which is the birthstone of both Leevi and myself. For a boy: Gabriel James...we'll call him Gabe. Gabriel means man of God, or servant of God...somewhere along those lines and James is Leevi's middle name and the name of my grandfather and uncle.

We still think we are having a girl, but of course would be pleasantly surprised if it is a boy. Either way, we think we are done after two! We think it's a girl because everything seems so similar to Hailey's pregnancy...I've gained exactly the same amount of weight and my morning sickness stopped at almost exactly the same week. The main difference is that I don't have a very distinct "hormone line" that runs down the middle of your belly. It was very prominent with Hailey and it's barely there with this one. There is no proof that it makes a difference in the gender though. That's it though...I'm still up and moving and walking and sleeping without problems. We are just patiently waiting! :) The only similarities that concern me are that I don't feel like I've dropped yet which was a big reason why my labor was so long with Hailey...I was fully dialated, but she was too high for me to even attempt pushing. And at my last dr. appt the doctor asked if I was having any back pain because of the position of the baby. I had major back labor with Hailey that I was really hoping to avoid with this one! :( Oh well!!!!

A friend of mine has a relative that does gender predictions based on your handwriting. She has correctly guessed all three of our pregnant friends who submitted a sample to her and for me she says.........BOY! Hmm............

Here's a picture of my pregnancy with Hailey...it was taken about a week before her due date!
Here's a picture of this pregnancy...I'm a week and a half from my due date!

1 comment:

Just me said...

I hope you have an easy delivery with no complications. Also, just poke at the belly via the intercom system (belly button) and tell baby to DROP!!!

Also, I promise I will get your box out on Monday... it has been crazy here with my doc appointments and everything. Take care and we love you.