Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Birthday Party

Hailey had trouble deciding between a My Little Pony Party or a Disney Princess Party so we combined the theme. I started looking practically after Christmas to see what the stores had here and I didn't have much luck. I had to order things online and cross my fingers that they arrived in time. A few things I had to have shipped to Tiffany who mailed them to me because the company wouldn't ship to an APO address. Needless to say it all worked out and everything arrived. We used Pinkie Pie favor bags that held Disney Princess silly bands and various copies of a Princess paperback book. Amazon.com has great book deals and I was able to buy 3 and get the 4th free to cover all 13 guests. We rented the Community Center a few houses down from us (which is one of the Colonel's houses that was turned into a center for anyone to use for free). It's great because it's larger than our house and I didn't have to worry about cramming 12 kids and their parents into our home. It also has a bounce house that is stored in the garage for anyone to use for free. It was chilly but we set it up for the kids anyway. We had the party in the evening (4-6pm) which was great for families with napping kids and it also gave me plenty of time for food prep and decorating...but it drove Hailey crazy that she had to wait all day! :) The Bounce House and Crown CraftI didn't get a picture of everyone but these are the Princesses who flashed a smile for the camera!Twelve hungry kids (or 12 kids who knew that they had to eat their dinner if they wanted any cake!)She wanted the whole #5 and I felt comfortable letting her have that big of a piece because of course she barely nibbled at it! How many parents does it take to organize 12 kids 6 and under for a pinata bashing? Pinkie Pie was supposed to be a pull string pinata but Hailey wanted to wack her! :) Present Time!Hailey got this Color Explosion Glow Board from Jocelyn and drew a cute picture of herself and a cake with 5 candles! "Happy Birthday to you...."
And p.s. You'll notice that Hailey is wearing the same dress in her bday invite as on her party day...this is her all time FAVORITE dress and she would wear it everyday if I let her. A few weeks ago I hid this dress along with the other 3 that she constantly wears in my closet to get her to start wearing the other too many clothes that she has! It worked and even though she knew I hid them she didn't pester me for them. I let her have the pink striped one for the party and now it is washed and back in my closet! :)
p.s.s. And a special thanks to all of the parents who helped clean the community center with us after the party!!!

1 comment:

Sweetened by Kagi said...

That party looks like so much fun!!! What a lucky little girl :)
http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com/