Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Leevi!

Leevi's 33rd birthday was this past Wednesday but he was still out of town on a business trip. We had cake, presents and a yummy dinner waiting for him when he got home on Friday! Then on Saturday we BBQ'd late into the evening with great neighbors!

The picture in front of the cake is a drawing from Hailey of how she wanted me to decorate the cake
I could kick myself for not taking a picture of the cake before I went to bed on Thursday. The rainbow was obviously a simple design but it probably took me almost an hour to mix color by color and to switch out my decorating tube. While I was upstairs getting dressed for the day Kailee decided to sample the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hailey called up to me to tell me that Kai was eating the cake! I ran down thinking she'd only taken a finger swipe and I was really shocked to see this!!!!!!!!! I guess it was so good she couldn't control herself! I obviously would have put it out of her reach had I known she would do something like this!!!!!!! And there was no way that I was going to recreate it! :) The guilty face....she told me, "Momma, you can fix it with tape!" I had to turn my face to laugh at that one! :) Ready for cake!I loved that Kai looked at Leevi while she was singing to him.They were trick candles so everyone had a chance to blow them out! (It was VERY exciting!) :) At the BBQ on Saturday! We ordered a 10ft wide pool from Amazon and while it's consistantly been in the high 70's/low 80's the water is still really chilly! And our neighbors next door have a trampoline so the 11 kiddos were well entertained! Cam the Man! Cameron with T-E-N girls!!!!!!!

Kailee was barefoot and wanted to climb a tree....I told her she needed to go get some shoes before she climbed and this is what she came back wearing! :) My initial thought was to keep the party outside but it was hard to keep 10 little girls from all the princess/baby things inside! Ughhhh!!! But Piper, the oldest kiddo at the party, took this task on all by herself and made the room spotless!!!! I'm thinking about hiring her! :) As the party wound down we got the little ones bathed and put on a movie and watched them drop like flies!













And some Mother's Day crafts that I forgot to add to my previous post. The girls made these flower photo frames at the library storytime.

And Hailey made this flower pot paint bucket at school

And this has nothing to with Mother's Day but we got a 50 Euro voucher (about $70) to use at a local garden shop to beautify our homes! We had already spent our own money recently for some flowers so we ended up getting this gorgeous (and ridiculously expensive) hydrangea "tree" for 40 euro! Let's hope we can keep it alive!

1 comment:

Momma D said...

What a fun time we had! Piper works for food (mainly desserts), so next time you have a get together, keep us in mind! Happy Birthday Leevi! And Happy Mother's Day to the best soccer coach I know!!