Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Labor Day Camping

I've been attempting to go through my computer and delete and sort pictures and realized that with the rush of our return from Virginia and the start of the school year I never got around to blogging about our Labor Day weekend camping trip.  We drove down to the American campsite at the military resort Edelweiss and tagged along with the Doziers who had a company camping function. 

The fields across from where we stopped for lunch.  These flower gardens are everywhere in the Spring and Summer.  You pick what you want and put your money into a box! 
  
 

Leila girl made the trip with us....I'm not sure she has been camping since our days before kids when we camped on the beaches of Hawaii!!!



Gorgeous views on the ride down!!


I love how it seems that they have the same expression!

She feel asleep for the last 10 minutes of the 4 hour drive!


Our 10 person tent....it needed to be big enough for my air mattress!  :) 

Girls and DIRT!


The dirtiness of camping makes me cringe!


Smores!


Shortly before the hustle and bustle of the campsite woke her in the early morning

Snoopin...

Packed up and ready to head home

Leila had stuck her nose into some stinging nettle grass and had a hive reaction, so we drugged her up with Benedryll and she slept the entire ride home.

No Benedryll there just a long weekend!!!

No comments: