Sunday, January 31, 2016

One month old

Whoa, the first month flew!!!  As did the following TWO since she's already 3 months old as I type this.  She was so easy from the 2nd night (the first night she was awake forever and thankfully one of the nurses came and took her from me and I instantly crashed and got 3 straight hours of sleep after having been awake the entire night before while I was in labor)  She had lost some weight after birth and wasn't gaining it back super fast so we had to go in twice to have her weight checked.  They weren't concerned since she was a bigger baby to begin with but Leevi and I questioned how much she slept!  For most of the first month, I'd feed her and then get Luke to bed where I'd ultimately fall asleep in his room and then Leevi would wake me up to feed her before he went to bed but some nights she wouldn't even wake up when he put her in her cradle.   



 
Luke is truly obsessed with her and always says, "But Mama, I just gotta kiss her!!!"  and it's true, he gives her a million kisses a day!  I was worried about Luke waking at night (which he still comes in every night at some point and goes right back to sleep in our bed) and me nursing her and him throwing a fit, but he hasn't.  He'll give her a smooch and snuggle in next to me!  Love that boy!!!
 
She definitely didn't like having her diaper changed that first month and was such a dramatic crier!!!  Leevi and I couldn't remember any of the other kids crying that loud!!  I also hadn't mentioned in previous posts what her name would have been if she was a boy...we had finally, just about a week before she was born, narrowed it down to Tyler Matthew.  Dylan was a front runner for a long time as was Mark and Matthew.  Edward was thrown around as a middle name after Leevi's grandfather and we also liked Ian or Evan.  Not even 5 minutes after Kailee found out that she was a girl she screamed, "we get to keep our toys!!!!"  I had warned them that if the baby was a boy they were going to have to drastically downsize their toys before the move this summer. 
And she already has some cute nicknames:  Luke only calls her Baby Whitney, Hailey calls her Whitnesovich (after Dennisovich from Hotel Transylvania 2) and Kai calls her Whit Whit.  Leevi calls her Peanut and I call her Whit Whit Emma.  She is just the sweetest thing ever and has stolen all of our hearts!!!

No comments: