Monday, February 8, 2016

First Snow!

With Leevi being in Virginia for school for 4 months, the girls have asked a few times to sleep in my bed.  I approve when one of them is at a sleepover so the other isn't left in the basement alone, but on this night the plan was for Kailee to sleep with Luke in his bed and for Hailey to sleep with me.  Never again will I make that mistake!!!  :)  Luke kicked Kailee out of his bed sometime around midnight so Kai climbed in with me, but then Luke, as he ALWAYS does, came into my room around 1am.  When I woke up I was hanging on the edge of our KING size bed!!!  That little sliver of gray was "my spot".  I debated about going into Luke's bed alone, but I wouldn't have been able to hear Whitney.  
We woke that morning to the only real snow we've had this year.
And Kai and Luke were up at 6am (the other reason I'm against sleeping together!)
They were already making messes (snow concoctions) before I had my first cup of coffee!

The smart one trying to sleep in!
It was only about 2 inches.
First round out on the deck in their pajamas
Snowball!!!!!!!!!
Hailey making snow cream!
Hailey and Riley working on a snowman
Linda, next door, watched Whitney for two hours so I could play out in the snow with the kids!!!!!

Perfect little sledding hill out front!
The man of the house shoveling the driveway for me!  Actually, Dave next door did it for me!!!  We have awesome neighbors!!!

Working on a snow fort!
We are hoping for one more big snow, but nothing is in the forecast yet!!

No comments: