Tuesday, February 9, 2016

January fun

Whitney rarely is awake in the mornings when the girls leave for school around 7:30, but when she is, she's not up for long.

He might be willing to trade one of his sisters, but definitely not this one!!!
Big brother is always around!
The crazy part of the day is after the girls get home from school sometime between 4-5 and getting through homework, making dinner, and then bedtime stuff.  Without Leevi home to help with Whitney, the girls do great giving me a hand.  Kai learned quickly "you wake her, you take her" when she snuck into Whitney's room for something while she was napping!
He's a master carpenter!
If Whitney isn't napping, the girls are in charge of her while I get Luke to bed and then shower and clean up the kitchen. 
I'm not exaggerating when I say that he is ALWAYS hugging and kissing her!!!
Sweet big brother
Whitney was "talking" to Luke and he replied, "Are you gonna tell me a story?!  Are you gonna tell me about Jesus?!" 
 
He built a Lego garage... 

I wish I had more of these blocks...Hailey got them for her 2nd birthday and they don't make them anymore
My parents came to visit (and help with the kids!!!!) and we went to the Discovery Center in Springfield (about 1hr 20min away)  This is probably the BEST kids museum I've ever been to!


The news desk with working cameras!!!!

The store that had a real ATM that dispensed fake money to use at the store.
Whitney was a trooper!!!

Riding a bike on a trapeze!!!!

Learning about kinetic energy using a hamster wheel!
Drinking from the toilet water fountain!!!!!!!
I guess I stopped taking pictures at some point but there were sooo many different areas and levels and we were there almost 5 hours!!!!! 
My dad babysat while my mom, Whitney, and I went shopping and sent this text of Robot Luke
My parents bought them pie face.  Luke had us rolling because by the time it was his turn, he figured out how the game went and wanted a paper towel over his face!!!

Luke and Cody stripped down for a painting activity!
Luke made a dump truck and Cody made a tractor.
We have FOUR kids!!!!!!!!!!  :) 

Instant sleepy snuggles when my dad held her!

Getting ready to head out to The Zone (roller skating...I guess I didn't take any photos while we were there...just some video clips.  They all had fun!)

My laundry partners while the girls were at the park with Jennifer and Riley

Baby Ethan came over a few times for photos...they are a little over 2 months apart.

Photos with his big sis (our other Riley friend)



We got some sweet photos!
OMG, that hair!!!!!  :)  This one might be my favorite and it wasn't even part of our "shoot".  We were eating lunch and waiting for him to fall asleep!
The theme for his bedroom is 'Where the Wild Things Are'

I took the boys to a MOPS playdate at the gymnastics place on the corner.  It was $5 for an hour of free time and they LOVED it...we'll definitely go back on our own to burn off some energy in the winter.

The MOPS moms and kiddos!
Spoiled rotten dog!
Movie night...we watched High School Musical for the first time.  Needless to say, they loved it!
We mistakenly received a cup of caterpillars in the mail and loved watching them transform into butterflies!  We had a stretch of warmish weather for our release day!



Whitney got in on the action!
They loved her!


The warm weather stretched into the weekend so we took Riley and her parents to Miller Cave on post.
Overlooking the Big Piney

Exploring where cavemen lived 9,000 years ago!!!
Hailey in the mouth of the cave
Kailee was hesitant about checking out the water in the cave, so Hailey went with her and I caught a rare moment of them willingly holding hands!
Luke was too busy exploring to pause for a photo with us!
Hailey and Riley in a jump photo!
Hailey again (this time throwing dirt!)
Kailee!

It's beautiful!
Sneaking thru a path to the other side

Whit was a good hiking baby!
Hailey's caveman drawings
Luke!

A "window"
We went to a park on post after the hike
 
Whitney tried to hang with the big girls downstairs when Riley spent the night but she didn't make it very long through their movie!

Soaking up some Vitamin D
 

No comments: