Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hailey's Vocabulary

I think Hailey can speak pretty well for a 2 1/2 yr old, but I know I can understand her obviously much better than other people since I'm around her all day. Even I still need to use context clues sometimes to figure out what she is trying to tell me! She's quite the jabberjaw, but she pronounces a few things with the wrong first letter. It's not that she can't pronounce the beginning sound because she'll say it in other words. For example she says "Nore" for "More" but I know she can say the "m" sound because she says milk and momma. Anyway, her are some of the funny ones....


We have a kid's basketball hoop out back. Hailey says, "Basketball Poop"


She knows that Santa lives at the North Pole. Hailey says, "North Hole" I'll say, it's Pole..."paa" "paa" . Hailey will repeat, "north Hole, paa, paa" Or I will say, "More, ma, ma" and she'll say, "Nore, ma, ma" :)


I guess she'll get it eventually! :) One more word that she gets wrong is Animal...she says Amimal. She'll scream for me out back when she finds a slug or worm...."Mom!!! Come see the aMimal!!!"

No comments: