Saturday, November 22, 2008

Missing Fall

Many of my friends have been b****ing (I mean blogging) about the weather back home and it makes me really miss it out here in Hawaii. We do have "seasons" in terms of muggy, hot or rainy, "cold" weather. It's been getting really cold at night (60's) and I LOVE it! We have AC, but try to keep our windows open year round because of the crazy electric bill. We can usually make it through the summer months and the winter months are a breeze. Leevi was laughing at me the other night because I closed up the back windows when we were watching t.v. because I was cold. Your body does adjust and I'm sure my skin is a little thinner since we've lived in this warm climate for so long.

Our weather report for today excites me though...we had rain all night (I love sleeping with the sound of rain). It's still raining this morning...we didn't have much planned for today. Leevi was thinking about golfing or taking Hailey to the beach, but we'll have to figure out something else. Usually when it rains in Hawaii it doesn't last all day or typically you can drive to a different side of the island and find sunshine. Not today though, I'm pretty sure everyone is getting soaked. I feel sorry for the tourists who spent so much money to get here and it's crappy outside.

We can get our taste of winter on the Big Island. At the top of the volcano in the mountain it gets so cold at night the military lodge/cabins have fireplaces. We can get sunburnt during the day and then come home at night to the smell of fireplaces...I REALLY miss that!

It's tough to get in the holiday spirit wearing flip flops and shorts...we'll just do lots of decorating. We are going to pull out the Christmas stuff next weekend and hopefully get our tree up. Since Leevi is deploying to Afghanastan in January we will really have to go overboard on the festivities this holiday season!

No comments: