Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tornado in Hawaii

Not sure if this made the news (we seem to be popular when we have an earthquake or the power goes out when the President is here on vacation!), but we had a tornado on our island. Not only was it on our island of Oahu, but it was right down the hill from where we live. It struck at one of the main courses I golf at! I had just gotten home from taking Leila for a walk with the babies and it started to thunder and pour! I thought, 'where did that come from' and nothing more until I saw the news that night. People living up on our hill could see the twister down in Kapolei. Pretty crazy...thankfully no one was severely injured and only minor damage was done. I hadn't even thought about posting this news on my blog until I saw a youtube video clip on a friend's facebook page. You have to watch it! The tornado footage itself is pretty good, but the guy filming was cracking me up! It seems as if he was just sitting in his car randomly filming, listening to oldies on the radio and then realizes there is a tornado in front of him! The profanity is horrible, so if kiddies are around wait to watch this later. That's another reason I'm actually posting this to show how bad the language is out here. I was in big shock when I went from teaching 8th gr. in VA to 8th gr. here in Hawaii! Horrible potty mouths! Anyway, here is the link...(you may have to cut and paste it into your browser)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjWd-Yg1LQ

No comments: