Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Pictures & THE TREE

I've given up on my Christmas tree for this year. I don't particularly like having a fake tree, but if you get a real tree too early in Hawaii the heat will kill it and the pine needles fall off and with as much as the babies touch it I didn't want to mess with sweeping up pine needles all of December. I heard on the radio yesterday that the last real trees on the island were going for $120!!!!!!!!!!!! And tiny, but real, tabletop trees were going for $60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Insane!!!!!!! We finally got around to decorating the tree last weekend, but as I expected Kailee won't leave the ornaments alone. I went through our decorations and only pulled out a few and let Hailey put them on the tree. So we have a tree with only the top half decorated and I'm surprised that I don't really care! :) We are having friends over on Christmas for dinner and then the tree will be the first to go the next day! I will leave all the other decorations up until the New Year.


I've had the girls pose in front of the tree so much now that Kailee sees the camera and "assumes" her position in front of (or practically underneath) the tree. :)

The girls (including Leila) in their Christmas jammies
It's fitting that the baby is included in the family pictures! Hailey wanted to sit in the tree after Kailee did it








The last day that I had the babies, we made reindeer hats with their handprints. They all colored their bands and hands (even the little ones)

I bribed them with popsicles if they sat in front of the tree!
When Brooke was still here...all in their matching shirts

No comments: