Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tidbits from Hailey Part XII

We had a really busy weekend that I have yet been able to blog about, but I thought I'd add a quick Christmas Tidbit from Hailey. This year we've been trying to emphasize the meaning of Christmas with giving and traditions and the birth of Jesus. Its so hard to not make it all about presents and Santa! We are going to let Hailey pick out an angel from the Angel Tree and we've also been talking about Christmas being Jesus's birthday. We have received a quite a few packages in the mail and have many wrapped gifts waiting for us under the tree (well, they aren't really under the tree because of Kailee Monster). Anyway, our neighbors came over for dinner tonight and the mom, Kim, ooooed and awwwwed and asked Hailey who all those presents are for (completely expecting Hailey to say herself), but she answered, "Jesus! It's his birthday!" So cute, but then I thought how are we going to explain this. When I told Leevi our dilemma, he was so quick on his toes and told Hailey that Jesus loves her SO MUCH that he is going to give all of his presents to us. Too perfect! :)

p.s. I should also add that Snowy our Christmas Elf (from The Elf on the Shelf Tradition) brought the girls a present this morning for being so good. Hailey gasped and wondered if she had a Secret Santa like I did with my Girls Night group. :)

No comments: