Monday, November 1, 2010

The Big Girl Just Got Bigger!!!

I thought it was pretty official that Kailee had become a "big girl" when she was potty-trained, but she still had her wawa (pacifier) preventing that final right of passage! Leevi asked me about a week ago when we were going to get rid of it and I hemmed and hawed and reminded him that Hailey was 3 when we said goodbye to the wawa (my excuses for Hailey were Leevi's deployment and a newborn in the house). I didn't have many excuses for Kailee other than it made bedtime so simple or it was a lifesaver if Kailee was being difficult and I need to her to mellow out! Leevi and I joke that it's like a cigarette and she needs a fix! I commented to Leevi that this meant my babies are all grown and he laughed because he knew that was my main reason! :) So, the very next day I told Kailee that the wawas are all gone and she would have to go to sleep at night without it. She said ok and we repeated it throughout the day and I had her tell Leevi when we he got home from work. I wasn't sure if she was really getting what I was saying, but sure enough that night at bed she just went to sleep. Didn't even ask for it once! I was then worried what I would do if she woke in the night and asked for it, but...she didn't. Simple as that....done, gone. A few nights later she looked under her pillow (where she used to stash them during the day) and grunted, "hmmmmp!" but didn't ask for it. So that's it...easy as pie. No more babies in this house...I will gladly wait (patiently!)for grandchildren! :)
This was our last cold morning before our Fall somewhat returned. We are glad to be back in the 50's and sunny as opposed to the 30's in October! Although I have to admit we are all anxiously awaiting that first snowfall!!!
And just a random picture of Leila...Kailee was feeding her goldfish one at a time on that Ariel plate. :)

No comments: