Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bobby's Visit

The girls have been talking about Bobby Kownack's visit (long-time family friend) since we found out last summer that he'd be studying abroad in London for his Spring semester during his junior year of college.  The concept of time is so hard for them to grasp so it was always put in terms of big events....after Christmas, after Hailey's 6th birthday, but before the baby!  Finally the time arrived and it was so good to see him!  It's crazy how the timing was perfect with us being stationed in Germany and him being just a plane hop away in London.  I was worried that the girls would be overwhelming for him and he wouldn't be able to relax on his Spring Break but they spent a ton of time with him on our trip to Virginia last Summer that I felt he knew what he was in for!  :) 

The week flew by but we were able to squeeze in quite a few things that I didn't seem to document with photos at all...with the girls (or just Kai if Hailey was in school) we took him to Ladenberg, Weinheim, Buffalo Park, Heidelberg, and the mall and then just Bobby and I made a few long road trips to Trier and a concentration camp (thanks, Brandy, for babysitting Kai). 

The rest of our free time was spent playing countless games of Sorry (where Bobby ruthlessly beat up on my kids) :) , Go Fish, soccer in the house (I was cringing for my chandelier...inside joke that really isn't a joke!!!), and Barbies....Kai told Bobby once (I can't remember what he did to her) "If you don't say you're sorry then you can't play Barbies with me anymore!"  :) 

I really don't have any sympathy for the tormenting my girls put Bobby through because I endured the same torture from him and his sisters for countless years as documented below!  :) 
Don't know how I knew where this picture was, but here's proof....I was a horse!

Such a good sport......I just now noticed his wrist corsage...hahaha
Ladenberg
Playground in Ladenberg

Crazy tire swing contraption where the motion of one tire caused the other tires to swing and bounce

The Windeck Castle in Weinheim

No comments: