Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cobra and Firecracker Soccer

Both of the girls played soccer this fall.  I ended up coaching Kailee's team only because they didn't have a coach.  When Leevi couldn't get out of work in time, Luke would go to the Heberlings which worked out great because Rachel was on Kailee's team and we'd kid-swap for that hour.  And THANKFULLY, since I was coaching, I was able to coordinate my practice times with Hailey's practices so our hectic after school crunch time was somewhat bareable!  Kailee was #6 and Hailey was #8.  
This is it for the photos I got of Kai (boo!  I think some got deleted by accident!)  Leevi was able to make it to most of Kai's Tuesday games, but there was a conflict each week with Hailey's games on Saturdays.  We split the whole season with Leevi and Luke at Hailey's and me coaching Kai's. 
Kailee celebrating one of her countless goals...they don't have goalies at this level and you could definitely pick out the kids that were ready to move to the next age bracket.  I told Kai to milk it for what it's worth because in the Spring she'll be the youngest AND have goalies.  We had three all-stars on our team that helped us be UNDEFEATED the entire season and only allow two goals scored against us.  It was tough to hold them back when there aren't any goalies and we pretty much slaughtered everyone.  Our closest game was 8-0 and that gave us a scare for a bit, but once we scored the first goal, the flood gates opened!  Kai is a beast on the field!!
Kailee and her best bud, Rachel Heberling...they are one day shy of being exactly a year apart!
I was able to catch Hailey's Thursday games and one of her Saturday games because her season went one week longer than Kai's.  Hailey LOVES playing goalie, but it makes me so nervous! 
Opposite of Kai, Hailey was the youngest in her age bracket and went up against some pretty talented (and big) players.  Unfortunately, they only won one game and had a pretty rough season. 
She's really fast!!!


I LOVE watching them play!!! :)

Go Cobras!!!

Go Firecrackers!!!
I loved coaching Kai this season, but I'll move onto Hailey's team in the spring! 

 
And a combined video of the two of them...Hailey did play forward also, but I only got clips of her in the goal! 

No comments: