Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fall Soccer 2015

Kailee U-8 Fire
 Hailey U-10 Timbers
 
To say that we ALL can't wait until soccer is over would be an understatement!!!  It's been a busy start to the year and we are excited that the end is here which means the baby is coming!!!  The girls are going to forgo a winter sport with the crazinesss of a newborn and Leevi heading to school for 4 months in January, but they'll still have baton once a week after school.  I had signed up to coach Hailey's team this season along with a friend, but the sports office on post was behind on background checks and it didn't get cleared in time (in fact, I just got a call last week to come in for fingerprinting as they were just starting to work on my file and the season started mid-August!)  Sigh, Hailey wasn't happy to say the least, but she willingly started the season.  Well, it's been a fight every.single.week to get her to practice.  She can't stand her coach and while I don't see or hear much of what she complains about, I do witness a few questionable decisions/opinions on his part and feel bad for her frustration.  We wouldn't let her quit though even though I about caved multiple times for my own sanity...parenting is tough, folks!!!!  She has asked if we can have a bonfire at the end of the season...so she can burn her jersey, OMG!!  If that gives her enough motivation to finish then we approve!!!  Hahaha!  The saddest part is that she is really good!!!!  She's not the strongest player physically, but she understands the game and knows where to be on the field and has crazy endurance!!!  I know forwards get the glory with their goals, but defense wins games and her team can always count on her to not quit and hustle back on defense.  She's a true mid-fielder and rarely gets subbed, because she can always be counted on to work hard up and down the field!  She also plays goalie for part of the game most weeks and does really well...she loves it but it scares me! :) We've agreed that I'll try to coach her in the spring (with help from my neighbor with the baby!) and if I can't be her coach, then she doesn't have to start the season...she was fine with that!   


Kailee, on the other hand, really does have things to complain about!!!  Her coach is terrible!!!!  I couldn't take it anymore and decided not to be one of those grumbling parents on the sideline while the coach was volunteering his time and I was just complaining.  I asked if he wanted help and stepped in as his unofficial assistant coach (which threw Hailey over the edge too!)  I can't say that I've offered much aid other than to help the kids understand what the coach is asking them to do and bring some slight organization to the drills.  They will run maybe two drills over and over and over for the entire hour practice.  There are so many games that you can find online that keep the practice fun yet still teach the skill...sigh, those poor kids.  I know her coach understands the game, but his practices are soooooo boring and he gets frustrated when the kids loose interest!  Kailee has been a trooper and it's definitely a life-lesson for her about cooperating with future difficult bosses/co-workers!  And Kailee is GOOD!!!!  She's the leading scorer on her team and has had multiple games with multiple goals.  She's a beast on the field and we are most proud of her hustle and determination and never give up attitude.  A lot of the parents on her team have asked how long she has played and where and I credit it to her training/experience with the German professionals at ProSoc Academy in Kaiserslautern...it was a great foundation for her!



  Luke loves soccer practice days because he can play in the baseball dirt with his trucks and cars!
Luke and Laurel...he LOVED playing with her during Hailey's practices and games!  Kailee adored her too and her mom commented on how much help that I'll be getting once the baby comes.  I said, either that or lots of fighting over the baby! :)
This sums up Hailey's season...she came home beyond frustrated after a practice one day and packed up all of her soccer trophies and put them in a box outside her bedroom door.  The note says "things I never want to see again" written in sparkly gold pen.  Sigh, she might have a smidge of pre-teen girl drama...Leevi deals with her waaaayyyyy better than I do!
BUT.....she was given the award for the "Most Improved Player" this season and in her last game she scored FOUR goals!!!!  Go Hailey!!!!
Kailee girl was given the trophy for "Offensive Player of the Season"  Go Kailee!!!!
And I credit their greatness to their jersey numbers!  LOL!!!  #5 rocks...it's in their blood!!!!  They didn't get to choose numbers this season and coincidentally got #5!!
And I snuck in this last picture this morning when Kailee played against her two friends, Riley and Lyla!  I'm glad the baby held out until the end!!!
 

No comments: