Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkin Patches

One more thing that I was grateful to be able to check off my list before the baby arrives was a family trip to the pumpkin patch!  We had to work around soccer schedules, but made the trip out to Dixon to Uncle Buck's pumpkin patch.  There are so many to choose from within a 30 minute drive, but this was the one that Kailee went to on her field trip last year and we knew it was a good one!  



These were the only individual pictures I got of Kailee because she was on the hunt for the PERFECT pumpkin!
 Yep, she's special! :)
 

Luke and Leevi took the hayride back to the main area and we waited behind to take the family picture once they walked back.


Leevi dropped Luke's pumpkin off at the car which almost ended up being a fatal mistake, lol!  Luke only wanted HIS pumpkin for the picture and Leevi threatened him with not being able to go back into the fun corn barn if he didn't cooperate! It worked...sort of!! :)
This was a close 2nd to the other one I added in the baby update post!
 Lots of animals...goats, bunnies, chickens
A little wagon ride
The Heberlings and Kozals joined us!

 Putt-putt
 A special 9th hole with a toilet!
 Water balloon sling-shot!
 And the main attraction....the corn barn!!!!!  So fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
 My girls!!!!!  Or is there a boy sneaking in the picture in my belly??!!
 There was also a zip line that I didn't get a picture of!
Killing time before church...they actually wanted their picture taken!

And yay, another check off my list, the boys had a field trip with MOPS to a pumpkin patch a little closer to home.  The layout of this is one is PERFECT for preschoolers...tons of playground type equipment and all open so if the boys took off in different directions, I could still see them!


This is where I got the idea for the rock pit that Leevi built Luke for his birthday.  Even though we have this in our backyard, this is where the boys spent the majority of their time! Ha!
 They loved this pallet maze too!!!!!



He found this PERFECT little pumpkin and when I went to the bathroom I set it beside my backpack and a toddler must have walked off with it.  I grabbed another small one but I should have known better that he'd be sooooo observant and realize that it wasn't HIS pumpkin!  Thankfully, he was ok with saying we'll give it to the new baby and get him a new one. 

 Hayride snuggles!
 Roping the cattle!
 Such a fun morning!
 Mamas and their babies!!

No comments: