Friday, October 16, 2015

September and October fun

I know we are only halfway through October, but I figured if I don't get these pictures posted now, then they will be long forgotten! 

We love to use the big projector outside to watch family movies, but we are limited it seems to the time of year...the sun stays out too late to do them ideally in the summer months and the weather is so hard to predict in the fall when it does get dark at a reasonable hour to start a movie and the winter is just tooooo cold. We were able to sneak in Star Wars (I think they picked #3) on a night when it was pleasant out. 
We paused the movie for S'mores!!!!  Both Luke and Kai feel asleep before it was over but we still had fun!
I feel like I look 20 pounds heavier in this picture and am a firm believer that you can "dress" your belly to not look like a whale, but Leevi actually WANTED to take a family photo at the kick-off of Cowboys season so I jumped and jumped fast!!!!!  His three sizes too big, white jersey and no make-up doesn't help me though! :)  Too bad the best Cowboys players are injured and our season has already gone to the dumps!
This old girl always enjoys her sunshine!!!!!
This made me laugh...the archive on my blog shows the number of posts per year and it caught my eye the other day.  I started the blog summer of 2008, so I only had half a year.  2009 was the year I watched the Hawaii babies so I should have been swamped, BUT Leevi was deployed that year and the girls went to bed at 7pm, so I had loads of alone time in the evenings.  2012 and 2013 Luke was a newborn/baby and both girls started school and sports, so we were CRAZY.  Who knows what happened in 2014, pitiful, lol!!!  We moved, I worked, both girls were in school with sports and homework and honestly I think I just combined a lot of my posts that in the past I would have separated if I had time.  I'm hoping to finish strong in 2015, heeheehee, but don't hold your breath for 2016 with Leevi being gone for 4 months, having 4 kids, spring soccer/school/homework, babysitting Cody, and then a move in the summer...that's exhausting just to type!!!!
The boys and I made a Target run (55 min drive, UGH!!) but there was a sale on some winter gear that Hailey needed and it wouldn't ship.  I also bought a few Christmas presents for the girls that are only sold in the store.  The outing went better than I anticipated (hour drive, dragging 3 yr olds through Target, and the hour drive home) which gave me a glimmer of hope that I could do it again...but I haven't.  I really don't mind having the temptation of Target so far away...I'm saving our family so much money!!!!  I bribed the boys with popcorn and an item from the $1 section if they stayed in the cart while I quickly perused the aisles! :)  And it was a smooth drive home...
The girls had a spa day complete with a cold water pedicure in a dump truck!
Hailey made dinner for us one night...chicken pot pie and I told her that she could make a design for the slits on the top! :)
We all were cavity free for our dentist check ups.  Even though Hailey's teeth straighten out nicely last winter with her retainer, he says that both girls will need braces! They are excited, lol, (for now!!)
 She's special! :)
Can you spot the tiny little frog spying in our window?
More frog fun...frog tracks in the dew and a morning sunrise!
Rachel and Cody had a combined birthday bash out at their grandparent's house.  The kids had great dirty fun!
Roasting weenies...


Both girls were selected as Student of the Month for responsibility. 
We are definitely enjoying this warm fall...if only it can last through Halloween night!
The girls marched in the Homecoming Parade (unfortunately it was overcast and very chilly!)  Once they were moving they said they were fine!
The girls with Riley from across the street!
The football team on the firetrucks!
Traffic jam...
We've started the Superman series with the kids and Kailee and Luke fell asleep for the first movie (it's really long!!!) so they finished it on the iPad together the next morning...so sweet!
I think this poor old lady knows she has to put up with training another kid!
Afternoon tea!
I have absolutely NO CLUE how Kailee's room can look like this so quickly!  The way things are knocked over you'd seriously think we had been robbed!  She doesn't even have much time to play I her room because we are so busy after school. 
Ahhh....much better!!!!!!  Crazy kid!!!!
They play cars allll daayyyy lloonnnggg...it makes for a super easy clean up!
The Kelly Miller circus came to town and we really didn't know what to expect since it only offered two shows one day only, but we were impressed!  There was a tiger, dog, elephant, camel and zebra act and many jugglers and acrobats.  The kids had fun!



 
I finally got all of my video clips combined from the past few months...
Summer vacation in Virginia
Summer fun in Missouri
Fall videos part I
Fall videos part II

No comments: